Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Minimum Experience: Grade 12 diploma and a minimum one-year related experience are required
A career that counts.
At SARCAN, we create meaningful careers that matter in communities all across the province. Help us create a greener, more inclusive future for Saskatchewan by joining our team made up of people of all abilities.
At SARCAN we offer team members many opportunities, including:
- An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of your fellow team members, our customers, and our environment.
- An opportunity to succeed in a fun, supportive, accommodating and inclusive workplace.
- An opportunity to learn through many hands on and online educational opportunities.
- An opportunity to be rewarded fairly and equitably through competitive wages and benefits, which can include health and dental coverage, an employer-matching pension plan, an employee assistance plan, and family-friendly work schedules.
- An opportunity to be a part of a Saskatchewan tradition and one of Canada’s most successful recycling systems.
The life of a SARCAN Cashier.
Each and every SARCAN team member is an important part of our team and our community. As a Cashier you will be responsible for:
- Assuming the duties of the Assistant Depot Supervisor or Depot Supervisor in their absence, depending on the size of depot, and as required.
- Providing direction and guidance to Recycling Technicians to ensure SARCAN customer satisfaction.
- Greeting customers, fielding inquiries and complaints, and issuing refunds using point of sale system
- Preparing containers and non-legislated materials for shipping, which may include sorting, crushing, packaging and palletizing materials
- Loading and unloading trailers by hand or using depot equipment (e.g. pallet jack, forklift, etc.), and completing related paperwork
- Cleaning and maintaining depot building and equipment
- Bending, climbing, stretching, lifting, toting and standing for long periods of time are required.
- Completing all functions necessary to open and/or close the depot
- As required, retrieving floats from the bank, completing night deposits, preparing daily cash reconciliation, issuing cheques, and completing daily, weekly, and monthly depot reporting
- Following safety procedures and safe work practices in compliance with policies
- Attending training and workshops as required.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
- Becoming the biggest recycling expert among all of your family and friends
What are the skills you must have to perform this role?
To be successful as a Cashier at SARCAN, you will need:
- A Grade 12 diploma or GED and minimum one year related experience; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Supervisory and/or cash handling experience is an asset
- Working knowledge of OH&S regulations
- To possess good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Amazing customer service skills
- General computer skill and basic proficiency using Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Strong numeracy skills
- A high level of professionalism and dependability
- To provide a satisfactory criminal record check as a condition of employment
Are you interested in joining our team?
If you are interested in a career filled with opportunities that makes a difference in the lives of people all across Saskatchewan, please submit your resume and cover letter by September 22, 2023.
We thank everyone for your interest in this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Are you legally authorized to work in Canada?
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-22