Our team at Employment Solutions currently has openings for One Full time Employment Specialist/Job Developer to work in the St. Thomas/Elgin county area
Travelling to Oxford County bi-weekly.
Provide comprehensive service to employers with an understanding that fulfills their hiring needs, as well as to individuals with disabilities to facilitate meaningful paid employment and community participation. This includes the active development and coaching of paid employment opportunities.
The ideal candidate will possess a passion for assisting our talented job seekers with disabilities to find suitable employment opportunities; matched with the skills required to attract and meet the needs of employers. This includes recruitment, account management and sales techniques.
- Actively conduct marketing and outreach activities with new employers to establish partnerships to develop competitive employment opportunities for our clients
- Develop and maintain long term recruitment relationships with employers by understanding their corporate culture, recruitment needs, and provision of excellent customer service
- Provide customized support for individuals in the job development phase by; customizing resumes, identifying and targeting employers, supporting self directed job search skills, and providing motivational support during the job search phase
- Match suitable individuals with employment opportunities and facilitate the interviewing and hiring process with employers
- Provide follow up support, job coaching and/or job maintenance to clients and employers to sustain a job placement
- Coordinate supports as required to address job accommodation and disability related issues
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Employment team to ensure the varying and comprehensive needs of our clients and employers are met
- Meet monthly statistical/reporting requirements and maintain client and employer data bases
- Degree in Social Services and/or Career and Work counselling equivalent experience
- 2-5 years experience working with individuals and facilitating groups of people facing multiple barriers to employment and/or 2-5 years in related experience
- Must have reliable vehicle and have strong knowledge of the Middlesex/Elgin County areas and willing to travel within those areas
- Provide customized supports for individuals in the Job development stage by customizing resumes, cover letters, online job search, job search skills and provide motivational support during the job search phase and beyond.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in sales or account management, with a sound ability to apply marketing and negotiation techniques (i.e. cold calling, needs analysis,)
- Possess a holistic knowledge of, or passion to learn about, physical disabilities and their functional implications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to facilitate oral presentations to employers and other community partners
- Strong self-management skills to work effectively with clients, employers, co-workers, and outside agencies
- Demonstrated computer proficiency working in an MS Office, Excel, Outlook and familiarity with databases
- Experience with social media (ie. linked-in, facebook) to connect with potential employers and individuals
- Knowledge of disability issues, labour market trends and job accommodations
- Effective interpersonal skills, with strong listening, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Proven planning/organization and time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and apply a team approach to achieving successful placement outcomes
This is an excellent opportunity for you if you are solution-oriented, work effectively with employers while providing client-focused services. If you welcome professional development and personal growth, work well both independently and as a member of a strong and passionate team and employ creativity and determination in your daily work. Your positive relationship-building skills, coupled with a solid record of dependability, commitment and performance based outcomes make you the ideal candidate for this position.
We offer a competitive salary, and a great working environment that takes into consideration a work-life balance. Employee benefits after 3 month probationary period.
We look forward stop receiving your application. Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Reasonable and appropriate accommodation will be provided during the recruitment process upon request and addressed confidentially. We thank all applicants; however, only those under consideration will be contacted
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: From $25.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: On the road