Clearpoint Health Network is Canada’s largest trusted provider of independent surgical and multi-disciplinary medical centres across Canada. Working in close collaboration with hospitals, insurance providers, provincial and regional health organizations, and workers’ compensation boards, Clearpoint delivers high-quality care across Canada meeting the needs of patients, while alleviating capacity pressure on public health systems.
Prairieview Surgical Centre, a division of Clearpoint Health Network is recruiting for an experienced RN – OR Monday - Friday. Prairieview Surgical Centre specializes in Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, General Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Cosmetic Surgery, Vascular, Urology, Pediatric Dental
Working at Prairieview
- Competitive Wages
- Health and dental benefits for permanent employees
- RRSP Matching for permanent employees
- Day shift, Monday to Friday - No Shift Work!
- Free Parking, with electrical stalls
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with all members of the health care team.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection control policies, medication administration and storage procedures and controlled substances regulations.
- Documents patient care appropriately in the medical record.
- Participates cooperatively and communicates effectively with team members.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and participating in professional societies.
- Participates in educational programs as required.
- Assists with the orientation and support for new staff to the facility.
- Performs related duties as assigned by leader.
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Completion of an accredited nursing education program
- Active/eligible for registration and practice permit with the College of Registered Nurses of Saskatchewan or the Saskatchewan Association of Licenced Practical Nurses.
- Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) perioperative nursing certification/Completion of a post-secondary educational institution perioperative nursing program/Equivalent in education and experience.
- Ability to perform consistently in a highly organized, rapid moving, complex environment.
- Ability to collaborate within the expectations of a highly complex integrated team.
- Ability to wear lead apron protection for an extended period of time.
- The ability to cope and effectively perform in stressful and/or emergent situations is essential.
- The work environment can be very physically demanding and may require different levels of physical exertion, such as lifting and transferring patients.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull more than 25 pounds.
- At times, operating room nurses may work in challenging and stressful circumstances, such as in an emergency situation.
- During the course of their work operating room nurses may be exposed to blood, body fluids, infectious diseases, chemicals, and other safety hazards.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides a wide variety of nursing services to patients and families. The RN uses standard nursing processes including: thorough critical thinking, problem solving and decision making, as well as teaches, counsels and advocates on behalf of patients and their families. The RN possesses the related education and clinical experience to assess, treat and educate patients undergoing a wide variety of surgical procedures.
About our surgical centre:
Clearpoint is an equal opportunity employer and provides accommodation for job applicants in accordance with the province’s Human Rights Code. If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us.
Clearpoint Health Network will only contact those candidates being considered for an interview. We sincerely appreciate your interest in this opportunity and thank you for your application. By submitting your resume, you agree to Clearpoint Health Network sharing your information with representatives of the organization responsible for the hiring process. Clearpoint Health Network will keep your resume on file and protect your personal information in accordance with governing privacy legislation.