HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Machinist/Mechanical Technologist on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have experience in maintaining, testing, troubleshooting, and repairing industrial equipment.
This position is located in Wabush, NL. This is a full-time position, working on a Monday to
Friday schedule. Relocation is required for non-local candidates.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts, and tables or study sample parts to determine the machining operation to be performed and plan the best sequence of operations.
- Measure, examine and test completed parts, identifying defects, and ensuring conformance to specifications and blueprints.
- Set up machining equipment utilized by the organization to ensure equipment operations at accepted standards for the type of tooling being used.
- Fit and assemble machined metal parts and subassemblies using hand and power tools.
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments.
- Maintain, repair, and calibrate precision measuring instruments.
- Detect equipment malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjust the machine, within capabilities, controls, or control media as required to ensure the quality of production. Report all machine malfunctions to the immediate supervisor.
- Complete and maintain inspection reports.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 9 Month Machinist Program.
- Red Seal/Journeyperson or 4th Year Apprentice.
- Experience in maintaining, testing, troubleshooting, and repairing industrial equipment.
- Experience working in an industrial plant or mine setting is desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
- Proficient in CAD or Solid works.
- Should have engineering aptitude and knowledge of equipment maintenance best practices.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to be flexible and responsive to changing demands.
- Strong written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter with an ability to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent work ethic and attendance record.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email [email protected]. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person