CBI Health is Canada's leading community-based healthcare provider, delivering both rehabilitation and home health services. Our integrated, interdisciplinary network delivers physical and mental health services in clinic, home and facility settings or remotely through virtual care / telehealth. With over 12,000 dedicated staff supporting over 800 communities across the country, we deliver proven outcomes that meet the evolving healthcare needs of Canadians.
If you’re an enthusiastic OT professional who is eager to make a difference while achieving personal and professional growth, CBI Health Group has an exceptional opportunity for you to meet these goals, supported by one of the largest healthcare networks in Canada.
As a full time Paediatric Home Care Occupational Therapist, you will work with a diverse group of children, from infants to adolescents, in the comfort of their own homes and/or in schools. You will be responsible for creating and implementing personalized treatment plans to help children achieve their goals and reach their full potential.
What we offer
CBI Health fits into your personal lifestyle. We make balancing your work, life, family and busy calendar a priority. We are proud of our friendly environment, supportive leadership and our knowledgeable interdisciplinary teams who make it all possible. Our training, coaching and mentoring programs will provide you with opportunities for continued learning – as well as support and guidance, whenever you need it. You will not only have the freedom to define your own career path, you can create your schedule and make decisions that are best for you and your clients!
Here’s a look at our total rewards
- Competitive compensation in an independent contractor or employee role
- Flexible caseloads & schedule to meet your work life balance needs
- Supportive onboarding program, peer-to-peer support, mentorship and ongoing learning and professional development
- Autonomy to explore and reach your goals including opportunities to progress to management
- Opportunities to develop and expand your clinical practice
- Research and program development initiatives
- Provisional supervision for new graduates
- Opportunities to grow your career with CBI Health’s national network
- $2000 Sign on Bonus*
- Discuss with your recruiter to find out more about eligibility criteria
Enjoy the freedom and flexibility of interacting with your clients and caregivers by video, phone or in-person. With our efficient virtual plus approach, you offer enhanced access to quality care and a better care experience to the individuals, families and communities you serve. CBI Health serves a variety of clients and populations (i.e., acute, sub-acute, chronic, etc.), offering comprehensive triage services, holistic assessment, and personalized interventions. We streamline access to quality care, making it safe and convenient for both the client and the provider. CBI Health has been leading the way, in home and community virtual care models for several years. With our fully integrated and secure digital health platform, we can offer you innovative tools, technology and interdisciplinary teams to support you in delivering our groundbreaking, hybrid models. In this role, you will have access to clinical leaders, supervisors, therapist assistants, best practice specialists and students to support the safe and joyful delivery of high quality, personalized care.
- Perform comprehensive assessments of each child's physical, emotional, and cognitive abilities to develop personalized care plans
- Develop and implement effective occupational therapy treatment plans for children in the comfort of their own homes
- Provide one-on-one therapy sessions for children to improve their functional independence and overall well-being
- Collaborate with parents, caregivers, and family members to provide education and training on how to continue treatment at home
- Document progress and make adjustments to treatment plans as necessary
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver excellent client outcomes
- Work closely with the team and other resources to develop new programs to meet identified client needs
- Network with internal and external stakeholders to promote new and existing programs
- Perform regular, timely charting, reporting and communication
- Attend staff meetings and case conference meetings, as required
What you will need to be successful:
- Possess a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Occupational Therapy
- Be registered as a member in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Previous experience working with paediatric patients (an asset)
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Be passionate about your profession and committed to ongoing professional developmen
- Be dedicated to providing the highest quality of client care
- Have strong skills in critical thinking, decision-making and analysis
- Have excellent time management and organizational skills and be able to work independently
- Be comfortable working collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team
- Be empathetic with an effective ability to build rapport with patients
- Hold a valid driver’s licence and have access to a reliable vehicle.
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team, and to facilitate our clients’ needs by exceeding their goals.
Join us at CBI Health – where working together makes great things happen.
Interested candidates please submit resume and cover letter to Becky Taylor ([email protected]).
Please Note: All team members are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination upon hire or provide a valid medical exemption
To learn more about CBI, please visit www.cbihealth.ca
CBI Health is committed to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone feels safe and accepted as their authentic selves. We actively seek qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion and contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives that help us innovate and provide the best possible care to our clients.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristics that make each of us different.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and CBI Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of our hiring process. Please inform your recruiter if you have any accommodation requests.