At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join the Solarfective Team remotely.
The engineering manager will company R&D projects, intellectual property, engineering resource talent and design standards. Ensure that new designs meet the requirement from marketing and that they can be produced within the cost constraints.
Main Job Duties:
Manage company technology research and development initiatives.
Lead investigations of emerging technologies, providing insight into better and more advance products, features and benefits for customers.
Handles hiring, promotional and salary recommendations disciplining employees, addresses complaints and resolving problems.
- Establishes and maintains employee performance standards. Works with employees to set goals and define development needs. Provides ongoing, timely feedback and periodic formal performance evaluations, per company guidelines.
- Ensures engineering support for operations, including clarification of equipment, assembly requirements and raw material requirements.
Responsible for managing company intellectual property, designs, patents, through direct involvement with research and development teams.
Lead intellectual property assessments, working between engineering teams and legal counsel to identify and secure invention opportunities while protecting existing IP.
Lead initiatives to create, update or maintain product research, development and engineering standards.
Provide support to marketing function, assist with product design requirements, review of competitive products, assistance with reviewing technical literature and help with determining our customer's product needs
- Design, build, analyze, and troubleshoot electrical components, sub-assemblies, and products, using schematic capture and PCB layout programs, various digital and analog test equipment, ensuring that the design specifications are met or updated, as necessary, to reflect changing requirements and/or design realities
Coordinate new designs and design changes with engineering, CAD, technical writing, test engineering, and production ensuring that both product and customer documentation is correct and up to date.
Support manufacturing by resolving manufacturability problems as they develop. Assist quality Control with questions concerning the acceptability of material.
Performs other similar and related duties as required.
Education: B.S. in Electrical/Electronic Engineering. Masters in Engineering preferred.
Experience: Minimum 10 years experience in engineering, product development electrical/electronic engineering. Minimum 3 years managing people and teams on successful engineering, research or development projects.
Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage others. Provide leadership, guidance, development and motivation to staff to achieve superior results and accomplish overall business objectives.
- Excellent skills in project management, demonstrated ability to make timely and effective decision, handle multiple priorities and effectively delegate responsibilities to ensure high quality service is delivered on time and within budget.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization. Must be an effective listener, able to maintain focus extract necessary information and validate understanding of the information. Able to create effective reports, presentations and business correspondence.
- Must be able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Must have solid business acumen and understanding of a variety of functional areas within the business.
Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software. Ability to use internet and web based resources efficiently and effectively.
Representing more than 150 years of innovation, Legrand is the global specialist in electrical and digital building infrastructures. Our purpose is improving lives by transforming the spaces where people live, work and meet with electrical and digital infrastructures and connected solutions that are simple, innovative and sustainable. Every day, over 39,000 Legrand employees work hard to enhance the buildings of tomorrow. Legrand is a global, publicly traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with revenue of €7 billion, and products sold in 180 countries. For more information, visit www.legrandgroup.com/en
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 6,500 associates in 50 locations, working across six divisions/sector: Audio Visual, Building Controls Systems, Data Power and Controls, Electrical Wiring Systems, and Lighting. We hold a leading position in every North American market we serve and focus on exceeding our customers’ needs within the commercial, residential, and industrial industries. LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as distinctive benefits like a high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity and parental leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active/growing Employee Resource Group network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growing company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us
About Legrand’s Building Control Systems Division
Legrand’s Building Control Systems (BCS) division includes the Wattstopper, Vantage, and Shading Systems product lines. BCS industry-leading energy-efficient lighting controls technology and services are designed to meet code, ensure ease of installation, and enable precision control of light in offices, classrooms, hospitals, homes, and more. Combined with our Shading Systems for residential and commercial applications, Legrand’s Building Control Systems provides leading solutions for the control of natural and electric light in spaces where people live, learn, and work. BCS teams’ partner with designers to offer solutions that meet today’s green initiatives, including LEED, WELL Building, Living Building Challenge, and more
Equal Opportunity Employer