Sign-on bonus for 2 year Full Time service commitment to Grand View Manor (structure- $1,250.00 for year 1 and an additional $1,250.00 for year 2)
Join the Grandview Manor team in the heart of the Apple Capital of the Annapolis Valley!
Located in Berwick, we are one hour from Halifax and minutes away from the highest tides in the world. Work with us as we plan for our new state of the art facility scheduled to open in 2025.
Grandview is a not for profit home known to support our community through our commitment to quality care and innovative support for both clients and our interdisciplinary team. In our 142 bed facility, care is provided in an enriched housing, an assisted living, and a nursing home setting
We are a scent-reduced environment and we actively promote a safe and respectful workplace.
The LPN position is under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager/ Shift Supervisor. Responsibilities include; medication administration, communication/documentation, assessment, resident care, working within a multi-disciplinary team environment, supervision of unit CCAs, providing outreach services to Orchard View / Fundy Villa and completion of other related duties as assigned.
- Medication ordering and administration as per physician’s orders and GVM policy
- Supervision of unit nursing staff on your shift under the direction of Nurse Manager / Shift Supervisor. May need to assist managers in preparing performance appraisals
- assists residents with their activities of daily living including physical, emotional, spiritual, mental, and social needs
- helps develop and update care plans and electronic documentation tools
- documents pertinent information in appropriate charts / files
- maintains good working relationships & open communication with staff of nursing and other departments, residents, families and the general public
- attends / participates in nursing conference on each shift, monthly unit meetings & multi-team meetings as required
- assists in the orientation of new staff and / or mentoring of LPN students when needed
- Ensures that equipment being used is safe and in good working order. Reports immediately any maintenance requirements.
- Liaises with pharmacy
- Provide services / respond to calls to Fundy Villa / Orchard View apartments as assigned
- licensed with the Nova Scotia College of Nurses
- successful completion of the pharmacology training component of the practical nursing program
- Resident-centeredness and passion for working with older people an asset
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- the ability to interact with others effectively as a Team Member
- the physical ability to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position
- strong leadership skills
Only those to be interviewed will be contacted
We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates including African Canadians and other members of the visible minority community, indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community and women in non-traditional roles.
To learn more about our Grandview Manor Community please visit our website at www.grandviewmanor.org
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $28.18-$31.32 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Wellness program
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Nova Scotia: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Nursing license (preferred)
- LPN/RPN license (required)
- CPR Certification (required)
Work Location: In person