This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA).
This competition will be used to fill 2 positions.
This position has a term length of 1 year plus a day with a possibility of extension. This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed on our Benefits Overview page.
Location: This role is in-person and work primarily takes place at North Campus Edmonton.
Working for the University of Alberta
The University of Alberta acknowledges that we are located on Treaty 6 territory, and respects the histories, languages and cultures of First Nations, Métis, Inuit and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our vibrant community.
The University of Alberta is teeming with change makers, community builders, and world shapers who lead with purpose each and every day. We are home to more than 40,000 students in 200+ undergraduate and 500+ graduate programs, over 13,000 faculty and staff, 260,000 alumni worldwide and have been recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for over a decade.
Your work will have a meaningful influence on a fascinating cross section of people—from our students and stakeholders, to our renowned researchers and innovators who are quite literally curing diseases, making discoveries and generating solutions that make the world healthier, safer, stronger, and more just.
We are a research-intensive department focusing on advanced studies in Bacteriology, Immunology, Virology, and the interface between these fields.
Provide support and assistance for ongoing research projects by performing established laboratory procedures.
- Performs established laboratory procedures including cell culture, protein expression & purification, and enzyme assays.
- Maintains records of experiments and prepares results in formats for presentation.
- Performs routine maintenance on laboratory equipment (cleaning, changing seals etc.).
- B.Sc. in microbiology, biochemistry, molecular biology or related life science discipline.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills. It is important that the incumbent be a team player.
- Laboratory experience is preferred
- Safety and Biohazard course from Environmental Health and Safety.