My Nursera Canada is a trusted healthcare platform who strives to provide top-notch healthcare at market leading prices to long-term care facilities across BC.
We are looking for a caring Physiotherapist (PT) with a passion for the elderly to join an amazing care team at a beautiful Vancouver Island Long-Term Care Facility.
Facility Address: Victoria, BC.
Position Details: We excel in providing flexible shift opportunities, as well as possible contract extensions and will work tirelessly with you to ensure you find a schedule that suits your needs.
Job type: Casual
Compensation: $65.00-70.00 per hour, OT at 2x that rate
Position Overview:Under the auspices of the Health & Wellness Manager, the Physiotherapist plays a crucial role in assessing, planning, and administering treatments that aim to improve residents' mobility, alleviate pain, and prevent physical disabilities within the long-term care setting. Our ideal candidate possesses a robust understanding of geriatric care, demonstrates compassionate professionalism, and is eager to contribute positively in a collaborative healthcare environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comprehensive Assessment: Thoroughly evaluate the physical condition of residents to determine their mobility levels, pain points, and physical limitations.
- Tailored Rehabilitation Plans: Design and implement individualized therapeutic programs, focusing on restoring movement, functionality, and quality of life.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration: Actively partner with interdisciplinary teams, including occupational therapy, nursing, and recreational therapy, ensuring a holistic approach to residents' well-being.
- Safety & Best Practices: Prioritize and adhere to the highest safety standards, ensuring physiotherapy practices align with current best practices and evidence-based approaches.
- Professional Growth: Facilitate and encourage staff training, participate in continuous professional development opportunities, and stay updated with advancements in physiotherapy techniques and geriatric care.
- Documentation & Compliance: Maintain detailed and accurate treatment records, consistent with professional standards and facility regulations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must hold a valid license as a Physiotherapist in BC, Canada, complemented by a minimum Bachelor's degree in Physiotherapy or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in geriatric physiotherapy is highly regarded.
- Proficiency in computer systems, with a particular emphasis on physiotherapy assessment and reporting tools.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, vital for forging strong relationships with residents, their families, and our diverse healthcare team.
- Demonstrated capability to work effectively both independently and within an interdisciplinary team framework.
- Completion of a Vulnerable Sector Check or the dedication to complete one upon hiring.
Be a part of our dedicated healthcare team and make a profound difference in the lives of our treasured residents. Your expertise can drive positive change and improve outcomes. Apply now!
We will do our best to respond to all applications, but due to the volume this is not always possible!
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Part-time hours: 8-16 per week
Salary: $65.00-$70.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Victoria, BC V8T 1B3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Can you work days, evenings or both?
- When are you first available to begin?
- Are you okay with working on a casual basis, 1 or 2 shifts a week?
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-09-18