Miura Co., Ltd., is a world-class industrial boiler manufacturer and aftermarket service provider that is committed to being the best partner in providing boiler solutions. Miura Co., Ltd., was founded in Japan and has grown to be one of the largest boiler manufacturers in the world. Miura is known worldwide for its commitment to protecting the environment and its innovative and efficient boiler designs. Miura Canada Co., Ltd. was established in 1987 in Brantford, Ontario, and since then we have been rapidly expanding our customer base from coast to coast
What we value:
Here at Miura, proper fit is everything. We believe in hiring for attitude, skills, and potential.
Our worldwide footprint, as well as our beliefs in innovation, efficiency, and environmental protection, are represented in everything we do. These principles have led to our continued success in the industry.
We are interested in meeting a wide variety of innovative individuals to come and join our team. We want to provide you with the opportunity to grow your career with us.
What we provide:
- A clean and safe working environment
- Competitive compensation package
- Benefits package (no premiums paid by employees) – including health care, dental, etc.
- Pension following one year of service
- Wellness programs and Employee Assistance Programs
- Employee lunches & events
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced Engineer with a Mechanical background. This individual would be responsible for overseeing the operation of the Engineering department. They would act as the go-to person for guidelines, and technical support in design and development for Canada. This role works cross functionally throughout Miura companies internationally.
- Lead Engineer department in designs & improve new/existing products, electrical/mechanical components according to requests from Sales, Service, Manufacturing departments as well as MAC & Miura Japan (uses AutoCAD, Solid work, Excel).
- Completing occasional in-field, customer visits
- Provide support on technical as well as code/regulation for all departments (Sales/Service, Manufacturing, QC in Canada, US and Japan) include review/approval design/material, manual, production method, R&D test, negotiate with inspector … in Canada/US factory as well as at customer site.
- Checks labour hours/manpower. Develops and implement plans to make most efficient use of materials, labour and equipment to meet Manufacturing & Engineering targets.
- Conducts performance evaluations and provides feedback to employees. Schedules work breaks vacations etc. Grants time off and recommends salary increases, promotions, hires and termination of employment as required
- Review/approval all orders from Sales/Service. Checks orders to ensure that all information needed has been provided, makes sure any request options are doable and not violate codes/regulations. Reviews BOM (Bill Of Material), pulling instructions and drawings. Review/approves drawings, Standard Bills of Material, Engineering Change Orders, and manuals.
- Ensure adherence to all COMPANY policies and practices including; Health and Safety, HR and any additional that are applicable in your role.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
What makes you a perfect fit:
- Professional Engineer Designation (strong asset)
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field
- 5 years experience in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years experience supervising or managing in an engineering setting
- A collaborative leader that loves to mentor and support
- Experience working cross functionally
- Ability to present in front of stakeholders and managers
- Strong understanding of safety standards and environmental impact of design
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- A passion and understanding of continuous improvement
- Great computational and special ability
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Steam and/or Boiler experience
- Water treatment experience
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Pressure vessel code experience or regulatory bodies
- Technical support experience
- Electrical Engineering
Miura Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Please let us know if you require any accommodation to fully participate in our recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those most qualified will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person