METALLURGIST (1 PERMANENT POSITION)
Service: Concentrator Operations and Energy Production Services
Location: Raglan Mine Site
Reference number: REQ23-155
Reporting to the chief metallurgist, you will have the delegated responsibility to achieve the objectives regarding production, metallurgical output, operation costs, product quality, health and safety in the workplace, respect for the environment, and organizational development. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Participate in the development of the operation strategy for metallurgy and provide council and information to support the plans drawn up for the plant.
- Fill out some production reports, conduct matter assessments and work on various problems that may arise.
- Provide technical support, in metallurgy, to the operations of the concentrator (grinding, flotation, filtration, thickening and drying).
- Participate in the management of various projects under your responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in metallurgical engineering, chemical engineering, or a mineral processing option with 5 years of experience.
- Experience in project management and statistical analysis
- Autonomy, team work, and decision making.
- Bilingualism (French and English).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, SAP, MiniTab and Bilmat.
- Hold a valid driving license.
- Work shifts of 11 hours per day.
- Rotation schedule of 2/2: equivalent to 2 consecutive weeks of work followed by 2 weeks of leave.
- Private air transport is provided from Montreal, Quebec, Rouyn-Noranda, Mont-Joli or Inuit communities (depending on place of residence) to the mine site and return.
- Accommodation and meals are provided.
- Competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package.