Here at BlueTriton, we are the name behind your favorite bottled water brands and home-delivery service – we are all about hydration. With trusted brands that put smiles on customers’ faces no matter the occasion, BlueTriton plays an important role in the flow of everyday life. As we work to build something different, something better, what we do is more important than ever. With our deep commitment to helping make a positive impact for generations to come, we welcome those with a thirst and desire to inspire fresh, bold ideas that create change and have the tenacity and grit to do what’s right for our people and our communities. BlueTriton is not only a place to build a career you can be proud of but can also provide you with the opportunity to be fiercely good.
We have a team of brilliant individuals who come to work every day to challenge one another, reimagine hydration and help grow our business. Quench your thirst with exciting possibilities when you join us for a fiercely good career doing work that matters.
BlueTriton Brands has an established family of brands, under a fresh identity. And with this unique position comes a rare opportunity to be bold. To do things a little differently than before to create something better now. To build upon our strong foundation of success and challenge the status quo from the roots up. Joining BlueTriton within our Canadian Team requires grit and determination - and we believe the rewards are worth the effort: a business you help shape, a supportive team you learn from, and the chance to have a sustainable impact you can truly be proud of.
We are currently seeking an Operations Manager to be located in Guelph, ON. The Operations Manager is responsible for managing, directing and coordinating overall facility operations; provide coaching and leadership to team members, assures safety, continuous improvement, quality, cost and production objectives are met or exceeded. Success relies on the ability to build relationships and fully engage all employees in business improvement.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Report to the Factory Manager and serve as a key member of the leadership team in a large bottling and distribution facility.
- Lead a team of Supervisors and 100+ production associates to achieve production metrics in a manner consistent with our culture and values.
- Partner cross functionally with Planning, Quality, Container Manufacturing, Maintenance and the Warehouse to maximize efficiencies and output of high-quality product in a safe manner.
- Lead the execution of cultural changes and activities needed to support the business.
- Coach, mentor and develop leaders and assess and create plans to grow the skills and competencies of frontline employees to meet current and future business requirements.
- Ensure that planned efficiency and production numbers are attained or exceeded to ensure customer demand can be fulfilled on time.
- Monitor and track planned DH (downtime) hours and partner with Quality and Maintenance to minimize DH yet maximize the strategic use of DH.
- Ensure complete compliance to prescribed Safety, Quality and HR policies, including GMPs, FSMS requirement.
- Facilitate the use of continuous improvement methodologies and projects to improve and streamline production processes.
- Participate in projects including workforce planning, budgeting, new product launches, equipment installs or upgrades.
- Participate in audit activities and ongoing efforts to ensure compliance to internal and external standards.
- Provide periodic weekend coverage as a member of the leadership team in the facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, basic sciences or business-related disciplines.
- Ten or more years of production experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum five years in a supervisory or managerial role
- Prior experience in the consumer products industry or food and beverage with familiarity with quality and hygiene regulation desired.
- Knowledge and exposure to TPM, Six Sigma, and various problem-solving methodologies
- Solid understanding of production processes, preventative maintenance, and budget management
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, business management software (SAP preferred) and production monitoring systems (EIT preferred)
- Demonstrated track record of leading, training, motivating, coaching and developing individuals and teams in a manner consistent with our culture.
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to partner internally and externally to achieve results.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives on tight deadlines and delegate accordingly.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to influence change and encourage action.
- Solid problem-solving abilities with the ability to coach and mentor others in this capacity.
- Ability and willingness to respond to after-hours calls for critical issues and provide weekend coverage a few times/year.
BlueTriton Brands’ position in the Canadian bottled water market is unmatched. More than half of domestic spring water products sold in Canada are produced by BlueTriton Brands, including the leading domestic natural spring water brand - Pure Life. We’re passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship – most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in our communities. As a valuable part of our team, you’ll receive a competitive total rewards package that may include healthcare benefits, retirement savings benefits and paid time off – something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It’s not just the work that you’ll find fulfilling here though.
BlueTriton Brands is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. BlueTriton Brands is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]