If you thrive on challenge and collaboration, Barrick offers opportunities on a global scale. Our remarkable people have made us the leading gold mining company, and we’re looking for more people to join our team—people who are motivated, energetic, eager to learn and grow. We make it a priority to support the aspirations of every individual, with international opportunities, ongoing training and development, and first-class benefits.
Williams Operating Corporation - Barrick Gold located near Marathon in Northwestern Ontario presently requires a:
Would you like to have a career with a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic mining company? We have an exciting opportunity for you! Our people division is growing, and we are looking for a Senior Metallurgist at our Hemlo operations.
At Barrick Gold, our vision is to be the world’s most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and operating the best assets with the best people. We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
- Work closely with production and maintenance supervision along with outside departments to ensure environmental compliance and safe functionality of the plant operation and maintaining of equipment.
- Provide accurate data & analysis to a variety of customers i.e.: Management, Accounting, Environment, etc
- Monitoring plant performance, identifying sources of variability and making recommendations for improvement.
- Conceiving and coordinating investigations, test work and technical projects to maintain performance or to identify opportunities to exceed targets.
- Be a team leader with excellent communication skills able to provide technical assistance and analysis to junior metallurgists, operations and maintenance staff.
- Managing mill capital projects and small improvement projects including:
- Leading the Mill Management of Change (MOC) process and coordinating small projects
- Coordinating with contractors on delivery of products and services, schedules, and quality completion of job tasks
- Collaborating with procurement team to create tender packages and other documents
- Ensuring projects are properly closed out with all stakeholders
- Understand strategic business planning and how to successfully pitch process improvement projects to maximize cash flow.
- Being a key contributor to production planning, cost forecasting, long term strategic planning, capital; project planning and business planning.
Ensuring that all employees work safely and in accordance with applicable legislation, company policy, standards and procedures
- Bachelor of Science in Metallurgy, Chemical or Process Engineering or equivalent Mineral Processing related degree is required.
- Good working knowledge of the principles and methods used in gold metallurgical processing as well as process optimization
- Proficiency using multiple software applications (Excel, PI, PowerBI, Tableau, etc) to manipulate and analyze large data sets is strongly preferred
- Strong focus on quality and proven ability to identify opportunities and deliver results
- Proven leadership, excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
Demonstrated ability to work safely and perform the essential function of the position.
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including competitive bonuses, benefits, pension, and company match share purchase plan.
- A progressive career path including global opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Access to a global network of highly qualified professionals for exchanging knowledge and ideas, building skills, and sharing experiences
Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.