Next Step's Mission:
Empowering people with disabilities by encouraging independence, a meaningful community presence, and an enriched quality of life.
The Full-time Team Leader Community Disability Services Worker is responsible to provide direction, support, and coordination of services for individuals with disabilities and staff in a residential living arrangement. This position supports staff and the two Individuals within their care. The residence is staffed 24:7 so the ability to work day, evening and weekend shifts are necessary.
The Team Leader role includes but is not limited to:
- Monitoring staff activities to ensure the provision of quality services
- Scheduling of staff; resolving conflict situations with staff and individuals
- Regular communication with the Program Coordinator, Executive Director, and Human Resources Manager
- Planning monthly staff meetings; attending meetings; participating in the development, implementation, and monitoring of Individual Support Plans
- Being available for emergency and crisis situations (staff shortages, individual emergency situations, etc.)
- Providing support and training (orientation) for staff
- Personal Care
- Ensuring policy and procedures are followed and implemented
- Identifying and analyzing issues of concern and assessing the need for intervention
- Maintaining and submitting the required documentation and all month end records
- Completing paperwork in a timely manner (time sheets, schedules, etc.)
- Communicating appropriately with individuals, families, guardians, staff and community representatives.
- Conduct work in an ethical and professional manner
Educational and Experience Requirements:
Community Disability Studies Certificate, Certificate in human services field or an equivalent; previous experience with people with disabilities; previous supervisory experience; leadership skills.
Foundations in Community Disability Studies Certificate an asset; Health Care Aid Certificate an asset.
- Opportunity to pick up a variety of shifts (days, evenings, weekends and night sleep shifts)
- Group Benefits immediately upon hire
- Positive Work Environment
- Staff to Individual Ratio allows for greater rapport building
- In-house training for professional growth
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $16.00-$28.50 per hour
- Supervising experience: 1 year (required)
- Community Disability Service Worker: 3 years (required)
- Alberta Driver's License (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-11-06