E-One Moli Energy (Canada) Limited is a leading-edge lithium-ion battery research and development facility located in Maple Ridge, B.C. We are proud of our roots that first began in a Physics lab at UBC in 1977 and have evolved into a world leader in materials research and battery development. Under the tradename MOLICEL®, our rechargeable lithium-ion batteries are powering in a wide variety of applications throughout the world – electric vehicles, power tools, medical equipment, energy storage systems – just to name a few. Our technically-minded employees are a fantastic group who really love to research and develop great batteries!
We are currently growing our team and searching for a talented Electrical Engineer for our engineering team. Under the direction of the Director of Engineering, you will work to provide engineering inputs to our architect and engineering consultant for the design of a new manufacturing building in Canada. The position will require frequent travel in the short term (2-3 years) to visit the new manufacturing facility in Taiwan with the goal of building knowledge for a manufacturing expansion project in Canada. You will also work closely with scientists, engineers and technologists to provide engineering support for the existing R&D facility. The position provides a good variety of interesting work and will have lots of opportunities for career growth.
- Contribute to the development and design of the power distribution and transmission systems, including AC/DC schematics and communication systems.
- Prepare engineering calculations and analysis for equipment sizing, demand load, voltage drop, motor starting, neutral grounding resistors, and system power factor improvement.
- Produce electrical lock-out procedures.
- Perform advanced engineering studies, such as load/power flow, short circuit, and coordination.
- Contribute to the design of substations, including switchyard layouts, elevations, ground grids/details, cable routing, AC/DC distribution, major equipment specifications, single line diagrams, schematics, wiring diagrams, marking, design calculations, etc.
- Develop mitigation plans for identified constraints and system issues.
- Prepare technical specifications for major equipment, Construction and Testing & Commissioning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution as recognized by EGBC.
- Registered as a P.Eng with EGBC or another Canadian province.
- Strong knowledge of power distribution, switchgear, generation and substations.
- Strong electrical aptitude.
- Strong verbal and written skills, with the ability to communicate ideas clearly.
- Good interpersonal skills to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Initiative and organizational skills to work independently, as required.
- Proven ability to identify, evaluate, and solve problems.
- This position will require some travel; 1-2 trips per quarter up to 2 weeks per trip.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent company-paid benefits package
- Pension plan with employer contributions
- 3 weeks’ annual vacation to start
- Professional development and other training opportunities
- Inclusive working environment
- Regular social activities
- Casual attire
Note: This position will be working on-site during the training period with future opportunity to work from home from time to time.
The company has strict COVID-19 protocols in place for all employees to follow to ensure the health and safety of everyone. All employees and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated. Visitors must be able to provide proof of vaccination upon entry.
E-One Moli Energy (Canada) Limited values diversity in the workplace and is committed to employment equity.