Power-Tek Group, a leading Ottawa based multi-trade construction company is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our Construction division. Power-Tek Groups Construction division specializes in new builds, commercial fit-up and maintenance projects ranging from $50k to $10m in project value.
- Providing overall contract administration, technical expertise, and support to the project.
- Developing and implementing the project safety plan and leading by example for health and safety practices and procedures.
- Ensuring the project is constructed as per design, budget, quality and schedule.
- Understanding client drivers and offering value engineering proposals for functionality, cost, and schedule benefit.
- Managing project performance, schedule, and resources.
- Negotiating and issuing subcontracts, major purchase orders and progress payments and monitoring their progress and schedule.
- Understanding, communicating, and enforcing the contract and contract documents.
- Developing and coordinating overall project closeout.
- Identifying and managing risk and opportunities on construction projects.
- Completing estimates and submitting quotations.
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in engineering, construction management, or a related field.
- 8-10 years of progressive construction experience with leadership and mentoring preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing a strong safety culture by application of health, safety, and environment principles and legislation.
- In-depth knowledge of construction industry including building materials, construction specifications, methods and procedures, construction law and building codes, and safety and quality management practices.
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills including the ability to manage project budgets and schedules.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, project management and scheduling software, with a strong aptitude for adopting new technology.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Work Location: In person