Hours: 40 hours per week, inclusive of one-hour paid lunch break
Salary: $33.25 – $38.91
Central West Specialized Developmental Services (CWSDS) is a leader in providing supportive living, community participation supports and specialized services, assessment and treatment to people who have developmental and intellectual disabilities, dual diagnosis, and/or challenging behaviours throughout the municipalities of Halton, Peel and Dufferin and the regions of Waterloo and Wellington.
As a specialist in the field of developmental and intellectual disabilities, CWSDS has experienced continued growth over the last five years. As such, we are looking to hire an Occupational Therapist on a full time permanent basis. This position will report to the Regional Manager, Community Supports.
- Working as part of an inter-disciplinary team to develop a therapeutic milieu for the people we support with an intellectual or developmental disability, complex mental health needs and/ or challenging behaviour (dual diagnosis).
- Developing individualized care plans to facilitate functional activities and independence in daily living skills, such as mobility, handling and positioning, feeding, dressing, grooming, and prescribing assistive devices and adaptive equipment when indicated.
- Assessing & providing education/recommendations to enhance sensory processing to optimize safe and independent functioning
- Completing assessments, providing knowledge & training to direct support professionals, care providers, families in complex care situations.
- Maintaining accurate documentation of referrals, assessment, progress and discharge reports.
- Providing supervision to Occupational Therapy Assistants, students or others as assigned.
- Completing statistical information and other data as required for planning purposes.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Occupational Therapy.
- Registration in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
- Experience working with adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and/or complex behavioural challenges considered an asset
- Experience in specialty areas such as sensory processing, mental health domains, adaptive equipment, and biopsychosocial approach is considered an asset
- Individual Authorizer with The Ontario Assistive Devices Program is considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently without daily supervision, as well as part of an interdisciplinary team member.
- Strong assessment, planning, priority setting, and problem solving skills; demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and a vehicle to conduct home visits and community outreach activities as required.
- Providing proof of vaccination for COVID-19 and maintaining vaccination status as necessary from time to time during employment.
- LOCATION: This position works primarily out of our main centre in Oakville, with the ability to work remotely occasionally. Some travel is required within Halton, Peel, Waterloo, Wellington and Dufferin communities, to support people within the caseload as needed.
- HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, 40 hours/ week, inclusive of one-hour paid lunch break. Flexibility is required as needed.
- HOURLY RATE: $33.25 – $38.91
We invite qualified applicants to submit their resume via email at [email protected]
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Central West Specialized Developmental Services will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We thank all applicants for your interest in our organization but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.