OnTask Rehab Inc is a private practice, community-based OT and Voc Rehab service provider operating throughout Saskatchewan since 2005.
We are looking for a full-time OT in Saskatoon, SK.
Dear Occupational Therapist,
We want to talk to you about working on our Team.
We are a small but well-established private practice group. Team members are recognized for their individual skills and interests. Our company is run by OTs, both in ownership and mentorship. We make decisions together, and we do it from an OT perspective.
We hear some of the challenges facing our OT colleagues in public service – understaffing which leads to seeing too many clients; insufficient time with each client to do all that could, and should, be done; feeling frustrated at having deeper skills and services to offer but only having time to scratch the surface.
We are taking a different approach. Our focus is on high-quality, meaningful work with our clients. Our Team’s expectations are based on the quality of service provided to each client, not on seeing as many clients as possible. We know our individual Team members want to do impactful work; we trust their decisions about when to take on new clients, and how often to do so. Our OTs set their own schedules – which days they work and what hours - we only ask that this is done in a way that meets our professional obligations to our clients. We believe in each OT’s ability to find the right balance - engaging in challenging, interesting work while protecting the time needed to do it well.
We know that when individual Team members are engaged and excited about their work, and are growing professionally, our whole Team benefits. So, we have a strong, supportive, individualized mentorship program and ongoing support system. We invest in the tools your need to excel. We work with you to build a skill set and caseload that fits your interests and strengths.
We primarily see people in their homes. It’s as OT as it gets, and it is a privilege to work with people to address challenges specific to their world. Our practice spans from interventions as basic as a long-handled tub scrubber to high-end custom wheelchair seating systems, adapted vehicles and complex home modifications. Some of our Team members also do cognitive/ADL assessments.
Who We are Looking For:
We are currently looking for an OT who is interested in seeing people for home assessments after injuries, primarily orthopedic injuries and, depending on interests and skills, brain injuries. We have plenty of interesting work to do in the area of orthopedic injuries (ADL assessment, adaptive aids, etc.) if that is your ongoing interest. If you want to branch out into other areas of interest, you will have our full support. If you happen to be interested in the cognitive/ADL assessments in particular, we could definitely put your interests to work.
- Starting rates are $87-91/hour range, depending on experience.
- Furite rates: By next year this will be $94-97/hour, with the potential for additional, merit-based increases. Over $100 per hour is well within the range of possibilities in the coming 2-3 years.
- Other: Travel time is paid both inside and outside of city limits. Mileage is paid in addition to full hourly rate for clients outside of the city. Travel is required in varying amounts, depending on the week. Assessments may be local or may require an hour or two of travel. Trips of 3-4 hours one way may occur 0-3 times per month, and trips of up to 5 hours one way may be required 0-2 times per month. Winter travel is required, though not in inclement weather, of course.
We Hope to Hear from You!
We want to talk to you. We want to support you as you try something new and exciting. We want to support your growth and success for years to come.
While we have much to do, we take whatever time is needed to feel things out with OTs who are interested in working with us. We chat, we provide contact information for members of our Team if you want to hear about their experiences with the Team, and we can arrange times for you to join us on assessments. We understand the importance of finding the right fit – both for OTs interested in working with us, and for the Team the OT is considering joining. You can reach Calum by email or phone/text to begin a discussion:
Calum Martin, MOT, O.T. Reg. (SK), BA Psych
Occupational Therapist | OnTask Rehab Inc
OT Support and Practice Manager
Phone: 306-737-3464 | Email: [email protected]
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Successful completion of an entry to practice occupational therapy program.
- Registration with the Saskatchewan College of Occupational Therapists.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Genuine care and compassion with an authentic interest in bettering the lives of your clients.
- A vehicle and willingness in travelling to and from client's homes in various community locations. This position is based primarily in the Saskatoon area but involves travel to other communities (paid travel time and mileage).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $87.00-$91.00 per hour
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Occupational Therapy: 1 year (required)
- License/eligibility for license to practice in Saskatchewan (required)
Ability to Commute:
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person