Every day REDI’s team of over 230 employees develops and delivers meaningful programs, supports and advocacy for persons with disabilities. Founded in 1952, REDI Enterprises Society is the driving force behind the movement to build a community where everyone belongs. This is not just a marketing catchphrase. It is a fundamental belief, and heartfelt mission on the part of all of us who workday in and day out to move our community closer to that goal. REDI’s mission is to enable individuals to attain respect, opportunity, and responsibility. We value reciprocal respect, trust, integrity, support, honesty, empowerment, compassion, and accountability.
About the Position
REDI Enterprises Society is presently seeking permanent casual, part-time and fulltime, flexible, conscientious, and career-minded Disability Service Worker’s (DSW’s). The DSW’s are responsible for supporting individuals with cognitive and/or physical challenges in a community-based independent living environment. They will provide opportunities for choice, self advocacy, and participation in matters relating to the client’s home. DSW’s are responsible for maintaining and promoting the well-being, uniqueness, and independence of each client so that they can achieve their outcomes and goals. This may include but is not limited to providing physical care, menu planning and meal preparation, medication administration, day-to-day house management and documentation.
The DSW’s support the clients by promoting their involvement with family, friends, advocates, and other stakeholders. The DSW also encourages the clients to develop individual skills, talents and abilities while maintaining their health and safety requirements.
REDI offers an extensive benefit package after the completion of a 90-day probation period. Our benefits include but are not limited to - Employer paid Group Benefits, RRSP matching, Flex spending amount, ect. We also offer paid sick time and vacation accrual.
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- First Aid – Level C/CPR certificate
- Basic computer literacy that meets the requirements of the specific role and agency/service
- Minimum 6 months’ relevant experience
- Clean criminal record and vulnerable sector or one that is acceptable to the Executive Director
- A positive attitude and belief that persons with disabilities have the right and responsibility to define and act on their life choices and seek active participation in the community
- An understanding of the opportunities and options available to persons with disabilities, mindful of cultural and ethnic sensitivity
- Relevant knowledge and ability to model and support the development of basic living, personal and social skills
- Ability to work well as a team, and independently
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal formats
- A suitable combination of education and experience may be considered
Job Types: Casual, Full-time
Salary: From $18.75 per hour
- Casual dress
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Supplemental pay types:
- REDI Lives supports a spectrum of individuals including clients with high medical needs such as colostomy care, g-tube, full personal care with lifts and transfers to clients with high complex behaviour needs such as verbal aggression, physical aggression, sexual aggression, and fecal smearing. Is there anything on this list that you are uncomfortable with?
Work Location: In person