Sanmina Corporation (Nasdaq: SANM) is a leading integrated manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest-growing segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) market. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina Corporation provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions, delivering superior quality and support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) primarily in the communications networks, defense and aerospace, industrial and semiconductor systems, medical, multimedia, computing and storage, automotive and clean technology sectors. Sanmina Corporation has facilities strategically located in key regions throughout the world.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager who can lead multidisciplinary technical programs supporting the design, development and transfer to manufacturing of advanced optical/micro-electronic components, modules and sub-systems to meet our customers’ needs. The position involves both leading and supporting projects across various development phases, from concept definition through to implementation into volume manufacturing.
NATURE OF DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead multidisciplinary technical programs supporting the design, development and manufacturing solutions for optoelectronic and microelectronic products to meet customer specifications. Technical programs include, but are not limited to:
- Telecommunications components/modules/subsystems (lasers, detectors, modulators, receivers, amplifiers, transceivers, etc).
- Sensing / LiDAR optical components/systems.
- Medical, biomedical, military optoelectronic components.
- Ensure all project decisions are guided by the commercial terms and conditions of our customer’s contract(s)
- Ensures that performance on key metrics meets or exceeds requirement, inclusive of inventory turns, Excess and Obsolete recovery, profit margins, revenue stability and growth, management of customer against contractual terms, on time delivery, quality performance, and accounts receivable collection.
- Oversee prototype and pre-production builds through definition and management of build plans and supply chain.
- Responsible for definition and execution of NPI activities, including, but not limited to supply chain management and qualification, ramp planning and scheduling, manufacturing readiness and product qualification and supply/demand management.
- Work closely with R&D/Engineering and Manufacturing Operations for efficient NPI.
- Works closely with Sales and with the customer with a goal of customer satisfaction and future business opportunities.
- Customer management as primary customer interface, including communication/engagement protocols, reporting procedures and documentation etc…
- Ensures that all information necessary to the customer is provided in a timely manner.
- Leads budget analysis, labour planning and coordination of activities between client and company personnel.
- Manages supply/demand plans to ensure all deliverables are coordinated to support on time delivery against Sanmina commitments.
- Coordinates and delivers quotations to sales organization and/or customers.
- Monitors programs from initiation through delivery to meet revenue and cost projections.
- Quickly resolve escalated problems and makes impactful decisions regarding pricing, schedules, commit dates, etc.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of direct and relevant experience in Program Management and/or Product Development.
- Strong working knowledge of complex manufacturing systems, assembly and test processes, schedules and scheduling requirements, and program management techniques and tools.
- Understanding of the product development process, from concept design, to NPI, through to volume manufacturing, including qualification is considered an asset.
- Experience analyzing project related data and utilization of standard project management tools and documentation and planning systems.
- Experience with critical path and dependency charts and flow charting.
- Proven ability to provide leadership and guidance to others.
- Strong knowledge of product pricing, quoting, contracts and contract negotiation.
- Excellent database management, computer and presentation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Customer focused and demonstrated problem solver.
Sanmina welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. In accordance with the guidelines established under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.