Who are we: Athabasca Workforce Solutions Inc. (AWS) specializes in providing Recruitment Solutions based on Client-Specific Strategies. Recruiting and evaluating the skills of all our job candidates ensures we find the perfect match between employer and prospective employee. We are here to help solve the temporary staffing needs of companies and create employment opportunities for those looking to enter the workforce. We are not just another temporary staffing company. We have a mission to educate, advise, and support our workers to succeed long-term.
AWS is looking for the right individuals for the Registered Nurse with Advanced Authorized Practice, in Saskatchewan for Saskatchewan Health.
- The Primary Care RN, AAP provides nursing services to clients in communities without hospitals or resident physicians but where physicians work within agreements with the employer to provide medical services on a regular, visiting basis.
- The RN, AAP provides a broad range of health care services for the client and the community.
- The RN, AAP is responsible for the overall leadership of nursing services.
- Perform nursing assessments and interventions, care planning, implementing prescribed treatments, administering medications, evaluating treatments, and monitoring/documenting treatment progress and patient/resident response.
- Individual patient evaluation and treatment- health evaluations, vaccines, treatments, and regular patient follow-up to promote health and disease prevention advice.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with the rest of the interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to act on one's own initiative and display proactive/preventative care methods.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a Bachelor of Nursing program or Diploma.
- Critical care training certificate.
- Active registration with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association (SRNA) (CARNA) in good standing or ability to register prior to the placement date is required.
- Advanced Authorized Practice License
- The successful applicant will be subject to clearance of a Criminal Record Check within 6 months as a condition of employment.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support - Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP)
- Minimum 2 years of nursing experience, with 1-2 years of experience in ICU or critical care.
- Available to work days, nights, evenings, and weekends for 8 and 12 hours shift.
- Drivers license.
Benefits: Flights, accommodation, food, travel time, and travel mileage.
Current SHA (Saskatchewan Health Authority) employees will not be considered for this position.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references, and other relevant verifications depending on the position. This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saskatchewan: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (preferred)
- Do you have BLS/ BCLS?
- Are you currently working under Saskatchewan Health or its subsidiaries?
- Are you registered or eligible to register with Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association (SRNA) and willing to get the Advanced Authorized Practice License?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person