Catholic Social Services in Lloydminster, is currently recruiting for a brand new program! We are looking for Service Coordinators, to join our Supportive Family Living Program (SFLP) team to work Overnight Awake shifts. Apply online, or come by the Lloydminster office to drop off resume and talk to our program staff to find out more.
Overnight awake shifts are 11pm to 7am. Available positions include: 24 hours/week and 32 hours/week.
About the Supportive Family Living Program:
SFLP is an opportunity to witness growth in families from barrier packed beginnings to success at graduation! SFLP provides 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, on site mental health and addiction supports in family’s temporary housing that is provided by the program. Eligible families include those referred by the Saskatchewan Ministry of Social Services, for families who have children in care or who are at risk of coming into care of the Ministry. Families will gain family reunification, help in securing independent housing upon completion of the program, increased awareness of community programming and supports to have continued success. They will gain increased knowledge of the impacts of trauma, addiction and violence and so are able to apply harm reduction and preventative strategies.
As a Service Coordinator, while staying awake overnight in the secure staff suite, you will provide family supports to the SFLP residents, throughout the night as needed. Situations may require crisis intervention to families, security monitoring, reporting to RCMP and/or Ministry of Social Services authority, and CSS on-call supervisor in emergent cases. Other duties include light housekeeping and administration work. You are self-motivated, resourceful, and comfortable working both independently and as part of a service team. You are organized, have great relationship building skills, are proficient with computers, will have strong documentation skills, and you will be confident in your ability to complete it in a timely, organized, and detailed manner.
The overnight awake shift runs 11pm – 7am.
Education and Qualifications:
- Diploma/Degree in Human Services or Equivalent
- 6 months experience working with children and families preferred
- Valid Standard First Aid/CPR
- Vulnerable Sector Check from local RCMP or city police detachment
- Child Intervention Record Check
- Knowledge and understanding of First Nation's culture is an asset
- In-home family support experience is preferred
- Knowledge and training in addictions and mental health is an asset.
What We Offer:
- The compensation for this position is $21.29 to $23.96 per hour based on qualifications and experience.
- Flexible benefit options when eligible.
- Work within a highly collaborative, team-oriented organization, where your ideas are heard, and you can see your impact daily.
- Growth Opportunities: apply and grow your skills within a dynamic, innovative and expanding Agency that is taking a leadership role in our industry.
About Catholic Social Services:
CSS is an established Agency that is guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect. With more than 50 years of service delivery, Catholic Social Services is one of the largest multi-function social services agencies in Canada, with more than 1800 staff, and hundreds of volunteers delivering 130+ programs throughout Central Alberta.
“As a Catholic social services agency, we are guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect.”
Our values are at the core of everything we do!
- Humility: We acknowledge with gratitude our human abilities and limitations. We demonstrate humility by doing the best that we can with the resources that we have.
- Compassion: We respond to people in need with love. We demonstrate our compassion by caring for people without judgment and without condition.
- Respect: We demonstrate our respect by being personally present, open and attentive to those we care for and by honouring their dignity and freedom.
How to Apply:
Please apply online, quoting the competition number 3781 to www.cssalberta.ca
We thank all applicants. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, and people of faith or no faith.