Southlake is building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people. We deliver a wide range of healthcare services to the communities of northern York Region and southern Simcoe County. Our advanced regional programs include Cancer Care and Cardiac Care and serve a broader population across the northern GTA and into Simcoe-Muskoka.
Our team of nearly 6,000 staff, physicians, volunteers, students and Patient and Family Advisors are committed to creating an environment where the best experiences happen. As a recognition of our commitment to quality and patient safety, we have received the highest distinction of Exemplary Standing from Accreditation Canada.
- Graduate from a recognized university Occupational Therapy Program
- Registration with the College of Occupation Therapists of Ontario (COTO)
- Two years current occupational therapy experience preferred
- Demonstrates a commitment to client centred care
- Possesses current acute care experience
- Demonstrates skill and interest in working with individuals with varied diagnoses and impairments
- Demonstrates a commitment to developing an individual’s optimum level of independence, restoring function, community re-integration
- Possess an attitude of respect and sensitivity towards clients with varied backgrounds, abilities and educational status
- Demonstrates excellence in communication, both written and verbal
- Demonstrates familiarity with assessment and treatment of cognitive impairments
- Demonstrates initiative, willingness to learn, and ability to determine innovative solutions and treatment plans
- Demonstrates ability to work as a cohesive and collaborative team member
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department. Successful candidates will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination (two doses) from the Ontario Ministry of Health website or other authorized source directly to the Occupational Health and Safety department. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if you are exempt from this requirement to the recruitment team. A recruitment representative may follow up with you for further information if necessary.
At Southlake, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. Southlake is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the responsibility of all Southlake employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.