The social worker is a member of the interdisciplinary care team, collaborating on the delivery of care to meet resident and family needs. This professional position provides a range of services to and on behalf of residents, their families, the staff and the community at large utilizing a holistic framework. Services include a wide range of planned interventions including the provision of financial/legal assistance, adjustment support, consultation, counseling, education and referral following a comprehensive psychosocial assessment.
- Support our residents of AgeCare Midnapore to have meaningful life experiences through care planning and engagement of family and team members
- Perform comprehensive psychosocial assessments (including but not limited to MMSE & GDS) as well as gathering information from previous psychological/mental health assessments
- Work with residents, families and community partners to source and secure necessary funding for services. Provide residents, families and the site with vital resource information
- Be resident-centered in your approach and model our values in all of your interactions with the public, team members, residents and their families
- Lead and coordinate annual care conferences with care team, residents and families
- A demeanor that is caring, approachable and professional
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited Canadian school and Registration with the Alberta College of Social Workers (mandatory)
- 1-2 years Social Work experience in a health care facility/program ideally in gerontology
- Capable of functioning autonomously, independently and interdependently
If you’re motivated by the privilege of serving our seniors with dignity, respect and compassion, come join us!