We are looking for a friendly certified dental assistant for our office. Your primary job will be to assist our dentists in serving our patients to ensure they leave our practice with a smile. Additional dental assisting responsibilities include preparing the work area and equipment for exams or procedures, as well as administrative duties such as ordering dental supplies and reconciling supply invoices. Job seekers should have superb organizational skills and love talking to people. We offer free parking, a health spending account, uniform, and competitive wages. Salary will be dependent on clinical skill and experience.
Dental Assistant Responsibilities:
· Ensure patients feel as comfortable as possible before their examination.
· Clean and help protect patients’ teeth (e.g. remove plaque or apply fluoride)
· Educate patients of all ages on proper oral hygiene care (by demonstrating, for example, proper flossing and brushing techniques)
· Take X-rays or dental impressions
· Perform dental treatment such as fissure sealants on patients
· Sterilize and lay out dental instruments and get all equipment ready, such as x-ray machines, anesthetics, and impression materials, to prepare treatment rooms for examinations and dental procedures.
· Assist dentists and dental hygienists during any procedures or examinations by handing off dental instruments and ensure each patient's mouth is comfortable, dry, and accessible to the dentist.
· Perform administrative duties such as greeting patients, ordering dental supplies, and handling supply invoices/statements.
· Provide postoperative instructions to patients so they are informed about how to care for their teeth and gums after procedures to prevent infection.
· Record treatment information after every visit and ensure patient records include current dental histories.
Dental Assistant Qualifications:
· A certificate in an accredited dental assistant program or relevant experience is preferred.
· Current Certified Dental Assistant practicing license is preferred.
· Basic data entry and computer skills
· Experience with Tracker dental software an asset but not required.
· Experience with digital X-rays an asset but not required.
· Ability to provide superb patient care and customer service.
· Excellent multitasking, interpersonal, and communication skills
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 25-30 per week
Salary: $30.00-$37.00 per hour
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
All staff must be vaccinated from COVID-19. Regular sanitizing of high touch surfaces, utilization of powerful air purifiers, social distancing in effect, and COVID-19 screening questions performed daily.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Victoria, BC V8P5P6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you vaccinated against COVID-19?
- Dental Assisting: 1 year (required)
- Certified Dental Assistant License in BC (required)
Work Location: In person