Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution companies in North America, with a growing focus on value-added processing. It carries on business in three segments: metals service centers, energy field stores and steel distributors. Its network of metals service centers carries an extensive line of metal products in a wide range of sizes, shapes and specifications, including carbon hot rolled and cold finished steel, pipe and tubular products, stainless steel, aluminum and other non-ferrous specialty metals. Its energy field stores carry a specialized product line focused on the needs of energy industry customers. Its steel distributors operations act as master distributors selling steel in large volumes to other steel service centers and large equipment manufacturers mainly on an "as is" basis.
Reasons to Join Our Team!
- Competitive Base Salary
- Attractive Profit-Sharing Plan
- Comprehensive Benefits Program
- Pension Plan
- Company Stock Purchase through payroll deduction
- Scholarship Program
- Educational Reimbursement Program
Russel Metals Inc. is currently seeking an individual for the position of Accounts Payable / Administrative Assistant in our Saint John, NB location.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Payables coding and review of variances
- Ensure policies, procedures and standard operating procedures are being followed.
- IMS Scanning: scanning of BOL from the daily shipments.
- Scanning mill certifications into IMS
- Receiving: Verify and post all incoming material
- Production: Verify and post all processed material
- Assist with coordinating inventory counts.
- Provide back-up as required.
- Additional administrative requirements as needed (inventory adjustments, billing, credit memos, receiving, payables, receiving and inventory tags)
- Assist with distribution of incoming calls to all departments.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word and Excel – Intermediate Level
- Organized individual capable of working effectively with minimal supervision.
- Invoicing, Receiving, Mill Certs and Accounts Payable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated, professional, and courteous
- Post-secondary education would be an asset.
- 1-2 years previous office experience, specifically administrative work
- Business certificate
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Russel Metals on Instagram :https://www.instagram.com/russelmetals/
Careers Page : https://www.russelmetals.com/en/careers/
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/company/russel-metals/about/
Russel Metals Website : https://www.russelmetals.com/en/