Stepping Stones Group Care is looking for exceptional youth support workers. We are committed to excellent client centered service delivery and are looking to employ workers who have a passion for supporting children and youth. We are currently looking for workers to work with high behavioral children and youth who have mental health challenges.
Youth Workers Available Positions: 1
Terms of Employment:
Part Time Positions (Relief Staff) - Weekend Shifts and available Day Shifts
Day Salary Scale: $21 - $23
- 6 month to 1 year Post Secondary Education in Child and Youth Care or Equivalent
- Must have a vehicle and a valid Alberta Driver's License
- Must have current clear criminal record check with vulnerable sector and child welfare records check (within the last six months)
- Have First Aid and CPR, Suicide Intervention, Non-Violence Crisis Intervention (within 3 month of hire)
- Must provide current Driving Abstract (within the last six months)
- Medication Administration (within 3 month of hire)
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Creative problem solver and team player
- Ability to work independently Ability to develop household recreation and community access programs for youths.
- Must be attentive to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to evaluate the needs of clients, and follow service plans of youth
- Ability to facilitate family contacts and home visits for clients.
- Must possess the ability to maintain a professional, open and cooperative work relationship with Co-workers conducive to meeting the need of the youths
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Must be willing to cook, Capable of working in a fast paced environment, Capable and willing to perform household chores, Capable and willing to work varied shifts including days, evenings, and weekends, Capable of multi-tasking, Can work with little or no supervision, Must have computer skills, Capable and willing to work with clients who are involved in Children Services, Capable of advocating for Clients, Capable of providing community resources.
Shifts: 7 am - 3:30 pm - Weekday Support
Only those candidates with the required qualifications will be considered for the positions.
Closing Date: Open till suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants for their interests, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $21.00-$23.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 – 47 per week
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Every Weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Secondary School (required)
- Child and Youth Care /Social Work: 3 years (required)
- Criminal Record check with Vulnerable sector (required)
- Child Intervention Check (required)
- Alberta Class 5 Drivers License (required)
- First Aid Certification (preferred)
Work Location: In person