*The requirements of this clinical leadership position may be met within 0.8 FTE or up to full-time hours. Opportunities for consideration related to either a 0.8 FTE or 1.0 FTE schedule will be subject to the successful candidate.
· Must have a current active registration in good standing from the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba or College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba.
· A Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing is preferred.
· Current certificates in Basic Cardiac Life Support, NVCI and ASIST or willing to obtain certification.
· Formal education or training in healthcare leadership/clinical management an asset.
· Five (5) years minimum clinical experience in a psychiatric setting/nursing unit required.
· Previous management experience in a unionized healthcare environment preferred.
The Inpatient Unit Manager oversees all aspects of operation on the 25 bed Inpatient Unit. The incumbent will provide leadership, support and direction to the Inpatient Unit staff to ensure quality patient care is delivered efficiently, consistently and effectively. This includes three (3) main areas of management:
· Supervisory: Clinical Resource Nurse, Nurses, Psychiatric Nursing Assistants, Social Workers, Occupational Therapist, Nurse Educator/IPC, Activities Staff, Ward Clerk and Administrative Assistant/Scheduler.
· Clinical: Establishing standards of care for the Inpatient Unit and monitoring the delivery of care, addressing clinical concerns, meeting regularly with psychiatry, etc.
· Administrative: Overseeing the Inpatient Unit budget, developing and implementing clinical policies, ensuring operations of the inpatient unit is consistent with evidenced based practices and relevant standards, regulations, legislations and providing Inpatient Unit reports to the Eden Clinical Services Board, in consultation with Program Director.
This position requires the incumbent to participate in the rotating on-call schedule with other members of management.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 77.5 per week
Salary: $43.00-$55.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winkler, MB R6W 1T4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-01