Job Competition Number: 2023-05-MLL-PT
Employment Status: 1.0 Permanent Full Time
Facility: Mountain Lea Lodge
Opening Date: September 8, 2023
Closing Date: When filled
Reporting to the Director of Resident Care. Care is to be provided in accordance with the philosophy, objectives and policies of Mountains & Meadows Care Group (MMCG). Responsible for the supervision of staff in a fair and objective manner and in accordance with the Managing Unsatisfactory Performance Policy.
· Carries out assessments and suitable treatments and exercises designed to increase the mobility of residents.
· Assesses all residents for safe movement and ensure this is recorded on the COP posted in each resident's room.
· Maintains progress notes and chart on resident's progress.
· Instructs and guides the PTA in treatment techniques/exercise programs.
· Communicates resident’s progress with other therapeutic team members and House staff.
· Assists the Occupational Therapist in the assessing and prescribing of assistive or adaptive equipment.
· Maintains open communication with residents, family members, and staff, keeping them abreast of the resident's conditions and any changes.
· Participates in the overall management of the resident care and the environment which may include but not limited to: OH&S Committee, Lift and Transfers Committee and Falls Prevention Committee.
· Participates in department/team meetings as requested.
· Demonstrates knowledge of safe transfer and lifting techniques, share knowledge and techniques with other staff members through in-service session and on the job training.
· Provides staff training on proper body mechanics and safe use of equipment.
· Takes an active interest in continuing education pertaining to the therapeutic care of the elderly and other related topics.
· Graduate of a University Physiotherapy Program.
· Registered with The Nova Scotia College of Physiotherapists (NSCP).
· Excellent verbal or written communications.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Able to work with minimum supervision.
· Excellent time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
· Problem identification and problem resolution skills.
· High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
· Strong moral and ethics, along with a commitment to patient privacy.
· Negotiable based on experience
Please apply by submitting an application form and current resume to:
Mountains and Meadows Care Group
170 Church St
Please quote Competition Number “2023-05 MLL PT” on application.
This is a non-union position.
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, and persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mountains and Meadows Care Group takes the safety of its residents and staff with the utmost consideration and following the direction of the Medical Director of Health, NS. Screening our staff, wearing appropriate personal protective equipment, social distancing, as well as sanitizing, disinfecting and cleaning procedures are in place.Join Our Team:
“Your Home – Our Passion” is our guiding principle in providing the best quality of life for our residents in a home environment. We are committed to creating a caring community that treats our residents with respect and dignity at all times. Mountain Lea Lodge is made up of many talented and caring individuals who are committed to excellence. Our people are the heart of our community and our organization. Together we have established an environment that is a great place to work, develop and grow. Our staff are our greatest asset, we look forward to having you as part of our healthcare team.
Welcome To Bridgetown, Nova Scotia:
The Beautiful Annapolis Valley is a rich place to live and raise a family. We have great shopping and a strong technical infrastructure to help communicate globally. Combine this with our rural / agricultural setting and our great people, and you have a well-balanced region that makes living and working here a pleasure. Bridgetown has a State-of-the-Art Community School, which opened September 2018, for young families. Bridgetown is blessed with outstanding recreational facilities, including an arena, an outdoor swimming pool, a curling club, a lawn bowling club, tennis courts, soccer and ball fields, a riverfront park, an 18-hole golf course and a provincial park.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $32.00-$38.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person