OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST (0.1 FTE)
Runnymede Healthcare Centre is expanding the services that we are providing to the community and are looking to increase the number of Occupational Therapists within the hospital to help support the patient care areas with this new program. If you would like to work with a team of professionals who are committed to enriching the lives of patients, we invite you to join Runnymede Healthcare Centre as an Occupational Therapist.
The Occupational Therapist assesses patients, interprets findings, implements and evaluates the impact or effectiveness of intervention strategies and educates patients and/or their caregivers.
- Assess physical, psychological, perceptual, cognitive and functional status of assigned patients
- Formulates and implements individual treatment plans based on analysis of assessment findings and clinical reasoning
- Assigns aspects of the treatment plan to the OT Assistants as appropriate
- Monitors change in the patient’s functional status and adjust treatment programs accordingly
- Educates patients, appropriate family members, students and other health care providers with regard to Occupational Therapy and the management of patient’s health problems
- Orients and supervises Occupational Therapy and Occupational Therapy Assistant students
- Collaborates with members of the inter-professional team through documentation and/or direct consultation to provide a coordinated program of patient care.
- Attend and contribute to patient care conferences and meetings.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications/experience:
- Post secondary degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy Program as recognized by the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Member in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- FIM certification and experience with NRS an asset
- Clinical experience in Rehabilitation/Complex Continuing Care Hospital or Acute Care Hospital preferred including discharge planning
- Demonstrated expertise with geriatric, neurological and MSK conditions preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work co-operatively within an inter-professional team
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage workload
- Demonstrated critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Excellent work performance and attendance record
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Runnymede Healthcare Centre, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee’s first date of employment. Requests for exemption will be considered on a case-by-case basis in alignment with the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Runnymede Healthcare Centre values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to employment equity and providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA).
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment purposes only.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
- Company pension
- Employee assistance program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Occupational Therapist of Ontario certification? (required)
Work Location: In person