Build More Than Just a Career
Our people are our success. They are also adventure-seekers and difference-makers who are committed to a shared vision – to offer the best of the best in project delivery services. When you join ONEC, you join a community that seeks to help you build more than just a career. You will build working relationships and partnerships that become friendships, build ideas that become realities and build skills that help you grow personally and professionally. We want you to love what you do so that together we can do great things.
ONEC Group has been building projects in Western Canada for over 20 years. As an EPC and EPCM provider, our services include multidisciplinary project services including project & construction management, engineering & design, procurement & logistics, geomatics & survey, fabrication & construction, mechanical & electrical installation, and scaffolding & insulation. We are the only mid-sized firm in our industry that offers this collective expertise under one roof. Because of our company’s size, clients get to know our team and always work with the same people, resulting in stronger working relationships and efficiency. We are agile in our approach to project delivery because we are able to pivot quickly and adjust our standard processes to suit specific clients’ needs. ONEC believes in local leadership, and we engage top talent from the communities we work in. We understand that local knowledge and presence are key to not only our overall business success but the economic success of the communities we work in.
Job Title: Intermediate to Senior Civil/Structural Engineer
Number of Openings: 1
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Years of Related Experience: 7-12+
Location: Edmonton, AB
Application Deadline: Until Filled
We are seeking a Civil/Structural Engineer with design and construction experience with steel and concrete structures in industrial facilities. The successful candidate will be responsible for meeting with clients to scope and determining project requirements, preparing engineering cost estimates, obtaining field measurements, preparing design calculations, and coordinating design details within the context of a multidisciplinary design team.
Other responsibilities include:
· Meeting with clients to discuss and determine project requirements, and reporting on project progress as the work proceeds.
· Overseeing the planning, design, construction, and estimation of cost for structural and multi-disciplined projects for operating industrial facilities.
· Establishing design and construction schedules and monitoring progress of various projects and their conformance to design and construction schedules.
· Searching out and obtaining the necessary information for the basis of design work. This includes determining structural loadings and making detailed measurements to confirm as-built dimensions and conditions.
· Conducting structural condition assessments with supporting structural analyses.
· Providing technical assistance to clients for civil/structural engineering related matters.
· Completing engineering design work under general guidelines, within allotted schedules and budgets, and with high quality standards.
· Coordinating activities with other engineers and project team members as required.
· Inspecting project sites to monitor work progress and verify compliance with all safety requirements.
· Performing technical reviews of engineering and design work to verify quality and compliance with project and quality requirements.
· Performing technical reviews and providing recommendations regarding designs and reports prepared by sub consultants or suppliers.
· Providing feedback and advice regarding the technical and structural aspects of company/client projects to management and other project leaders.
Our Ideal Candidate
· 7 to 12+ years of Civil/Structural engineering experience.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Structural Engineering.
· Registered as a P.Eng. with APEGA.
· Detailed engineering design of steel and concrete structures.
· Detailed connection design for structural steel.
· Experience in fabrication and construction.
· Demonstrated understanding of structures and how they behave and respond to environmental and operational loads.
· Demonstrated understanding of engineering theories and principles, and how they can be practically and effectively applied to solve problems.
· Comfortable working in operating industrial facility environments with appropriate PPE.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Individuals with less experience will be considered for junior level positions.
ONEC Group is an equal opportunity employer. Positions are filled by means of open competition where the selection is based on job-related skills, training, experience, and suitability. Final candidates will be asked to provide references. The results of the reference check must be acceptable to ONEC Group. We also consider different experience levels and knowledge and candidates with less experience may be considered for lower-level positions.
We thank all applicants in advance however only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
ONEC Group accepts resumes via online application at http://onecgroup.com/careers/
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- structural engineering: 7 years (required)
Work Location: In person