If you thrive on challenge and collaboration, Barrick offers opportunities on a global scale. Our remarkable people have made us the leading gold mining company, and we’re looking for more people to join our team—people who are motivated, energetic, eager to learn and grow. We make it a priority to support the aspirations of every individual, with international opportunities, ongoing training and development, and first-class benefits.
Williams Operating Corporation - Barrick Gold located near Marathon in Northwestern Ontario presently requires a:
The Chief Metallurgist is responsible for all metallurgical activities related to the assay lab, operations metallurgy, and refinery operations.
- Supervises and develops Metallurgical, Refinery and Assay Lab staff
- Anticipates threats and opportunities to the production forecast. Reviews, recommends, and implements strategies to achieve forecast production levels.
- Works with mining and geology departments to define metallurgical targets. Reports production data against targets. Continue to develop automation of data collection.
- Supervises or may serve as technical expert on the most complex Metallurgical testing
- Lead operations improvement projects in the processing area.
- Work closely with production and maintenance supervision along with other outside departments to ensure environmental compliance and safe functionality of the plant operation and maintaining of equipment.
- Work on projects through all aspects of experimental design, engineering, forecasting, funding, construction, and commissioning.
- Provide technical assistance and analysis to process group stakeholders.
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or equivalent Process-related degree required
- Knowledge of the principles and methods used in metallurgical and processing analysis, have some practical application, and process optimization experience is highly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership of small teams is highly preferred
- Ability to research, analyze information and draw conclusions, and take action to resolve operational, environmental issues, permit compliance, and problem resolution from an operating plan status required
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work in a team environment that creates and enhances the Barrick vision through understanding and capturing of future opportunities
- Experience managing mill water management as well as experience with Tailings Management Facility including operating good practices and Towards Sustainable Mining (TSM) and Global Industry Standard on Tailings Management (GISTM) protocol
Demonstrated ability to perform essential functions of the position
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including competitive bonuses, benefits, pension, and company match share purchase plan.
- A progressive career path including global opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Access to a global network of highly qualified professionals for exchanging knowledge and ideas, building skills, and sharing experiences
Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Barrick welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.