Soil Engineers Ltd. is an employee-owned consulting firm with 170 employees and 7 offices located throughout Ontario. We specialize in geotechnical, environmental, hydrogeological and civil works for government agencies, consultants, contractors, developers, and private individuals.
The expertise of our staff plays an integral role in the development and construction of major industrial, commercial, institutional, and residential sites and communities. Since 1976 the company has earned a solid reputation for helping clients across Ontario build with confidence.
For more information about our company, please visit:
We are hiring full-time Environmental Technicians to support engineers and scientists in carrying out environmental projects. Co-op opportunities also available.
- Participate in all aspects of environmental site assessments (Phase 1 and Phase 2) and remediation projects
- Perform historical property research, conduct site inspection, sampling and analysis and contamination delineation studies
- Liaise with clients and regulatory bodies as required in all undertakings
- Draft project proposals and environmental reports
- Diploma in Civil/Environmental/Chemical Engineering Technology, or Environmental Technology or Technician program, or related discipline
- Practical experience in site investigations and characterization, remediation, analytical chemistry and/or soil sciences; work in an engineering consulting environment will be an advantage
- Sound understanding of applicable environmental regulations in Ontario, sampling and data collection techniques, and reporting requirements
- Excellent organization and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong people skills; able to relate well and work cooperatively with people at various levels (contractors, consultants, workers, site owners)
Fieldwork is an integral component of this position so it is important that the applicant must be punctual, possess a valid driver’s license and a vehicle to drive to jobsites, and be willing to travel to various job sites throughout southern Ontario. Mileage will be re-imbursed.
We thank applicants for their interest; only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $19.00-$20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person