Association for New Canadians (ANC) is a non-profit, community based organization dedicated to the provision of settlement and integration services for immigrants and refugees.
Job Title: Educational Technologist/IT Coordinator
Location: St. John’s, NL
Position Type: 1 full-time position
Closing Date: September 14, 2023
Reporting to the Director of Language Services, the Educational Technologist / IT Coordinator will provide ongoing high levels of IT technical support to enhance the daily operations of the ANC.
Roles and Responsibilities
Provides technical support to ANC employees and programs through help desk software
- Responds to all service requests by either remote session, telephone, email or in person; ensures escalation and resolution of requests as required
- Performs maintenance work such as security updates/patching and remediation; and management of computer assets
- Provides account management and IT support to projects and initiatives including remote access, cloud storage, data wiring and mobile support
- Conducts technology-related PD for staff
- Completes wireless network configuration, security and maintenance
- Manages all licensing, inventory and maintenance for ANC IT hardware including SMART boards, desktops, laptops, Chromebooks and peripherals
- Acts as liaison with external partners and stakeholders who provide IT technical services
- Completes upgrades and maintenance to network infrastructure
- Assists with Citizenship ceremonies & testing
- Assists with CELPIP testing 1 to 2 times a month; and runs the testing demo as needed (training to be provided)
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Computer Sciences or Computer Support Technology program (equivalencies will be considered)
- Technical certificates such as CompTIA A+, Network +, MCSA or MCSE would be considered an asset
- 3 to 5 years of experience coordinating IT technical support for a busy office environment
- Experience using help desk and remote support software
- Experience supporting Windows Operating Systems and Active Directory
- Knowledge of network and end-user device security technologies
- Desktop support skills
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems such as Canvas would be an asset
- Ability to communicate and troubleshoot problems
- Superior organizational and time management skills with great attention to detail
Conditions of Employment
Legal authorization to work in Canada.
- Ability to travel is required
- Valid class 5 driver’s licence and ready access to a reliable vehicle is required
- Flexible to work outside of standard core hours (Monday-Friday, 9 am -5 pm)
- Position is subject to a satisfactory Certificate of Conduct and Vulnerable Sector Check from the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary.
How to Apply
Please upload a cover letter and resume as one PDF or MS Word document to
Association for New Canadians values inclusiveness and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference will be given to applicants who are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada or those who are legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visit us on-line at: www.ancnl.ca.