Occupational Therapist (OT)
The Meadow Lake Tribal Council is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the contract position of Occupational Therapist (OT) for the Office of Education. The Occupational Therapist will work closely with and form an integral part of the MLTC Student Wellness team. Occupational Therapists work with people who have various types of disabilities to achieve their functional goals. This contract position will focus on collaboration and consultation with nine (9) schools in providing supports and programming. The Occupational Therapist reports to the Superintendent of Education and the Student Wellness Coordinator.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
· Use a variety of formal and informal assessments and procedures to identify visual/visual motor, sensory difficulties, accessibility issues (home, school, community), mobility (wheelchairs, walkers), fine and gross motor skills (coordination, printing, walking), self-care skills (dressing, eating, bathing), social skills (play) or daily living skills (memory, attention, transitioning, self-regulation)
· Provide consultative services to parents, classroom teachers, educational assistants, special education teachers, principals, and administration.
· Provide information on various deficits and diagnosis as applicable to the students, families, and the school-based team.
· Liaise with healthcare providers and specialized diagnostic teams to ensure specialist services are accessed if needed and supports are in place.
· Create reports which provide recommendations to the school-based team or home which may include (but are not limited to): adapting classroom tasks, creating individualized and classroom programming, and making suggestions to assist with success in the classroom and school environment.
· Provide professional development opportunities to the school-based team as requested.
- Master’s Degree in the area of responsibility; must be a member of and licensed with the Saskatchewan Society of Occupational Therapists (SSOT).
- Experience in working with First Nations’ Schools & Communities.
- Willing to travel to the First Nation Communities; work within a team setting and independently.
- Fluent in the Cree/ Dene language is an asset.
· Knowledge and/or willingness to obtain training to support MLTC’s initiatives including, but not limited to:
o ISC Special Education System
o Microsoft Office
o Google Suite
o Programs such as: Zones of Regulation, Reference & Regulate for Autism, Second Step, Sensory Room development, etc.
o Others as assigned.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history, copies of credentials, current RCMP Criminal Records/Vulnerable Sector Checks; copy of valid driver’s license; and three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact Elizabeth Read, Superintendent of Education @ (306) 288-7800 or visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.net
Deadline: Wednesday, September 27th, 2023
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-27