Up to $5000 Signing Bonus!
In this role of Occupational Therapist, you will provide community visits to assess abilities and needs of individuals while working with multidisciplinary teams and equipment vendors to facilitate function. Client groups receiving treatment may include pediatrics for in home or school services and/or adults with medical/health concerns.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Best in class training and development programs
- Celebration and Recognition programs
- Part time and Full-time opportunities and flexible scheduling options
- Comprehensive health and dental benefit plans
- Company paid mobile devices
- Employee perks and exclusive offers
What you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team consisting of government agencies, healthcare workers, and other community resources
- Analyze physical, cultural, social and institutional environmental impact on occupational performance and engagement issues
- Develop client centered plans with client, inter-professional teams and other stakeholders and adjust services to reflect a client centered approach related to physical, social, cultural, institutional, and economic environment
- Demonstrate effective and evidence-based problem solving and judgement to address client needs
- Engage clients using a collaborative approach, building rapport and trust, achieving a mutual understanding and agreement related to services to be provided.
- Maintain the knowledge, skills and attitudes to provide safe, efficient, effective service in all areas of practice by keeping abreast of changes in practice setting that affect scope of practice
- Maintain professional client records related to client encounters and plans in compliance with ParaMed’s policies and the standards applied by the regulatory body or Occupational Therapy college.
What you bring:
- Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy combined with registration/licensing with provincial regulatory college in good standing (i.e. COTO in Ontario)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a practicing Occupational Therapist preferably in a community setting
- ADP authorization preferred
- Working knowledge of applicable legislation including Mental Health Act, Substitute Decisions Act, Healthcare Consent Act and others
- Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of applicable community resources available for clients and families
- Current certification (within the past 12 months) of First Aid, CPR, completed within Canada
- Able to provide a current, clear Vulnerable Position Screening (VPS)
Part timeJoin us as we continue our 40-year tradition to help people live better and provide the most compassionate care possible! Join a winning team and let’s succeed together!
ParaMed Home Health Care accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes upon request.
Job Type: Part-time