Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Administrative Assistant is responsible to support the Operations Manager with daily administrative procedures and processes to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The tasks and time spent performing each task may vary as business needs require. ServiceMaster Restore of Northern NB maintains the right to modify job duties and responsibilities at its discretion.
- Perform general administrative duties including, but not limited to, answering telephones and responding to emails
- Responsible for Job Creation, Job notes, Job Documentation, etc
- Prepare crew activity report on a daily basis and provide to Operations Manager
- Inform relevant internal and external parties of customer-related work requiring attention (client, adjuster, insurance calls, etc)
- Assist with reception duties as needed
- Keep personal work space neat and orderly
- Maintain discretion in all dealings
- Ensure safeguarding and confidentiality of all customer lists and internal proprietary information and work products
- Perform other duties as they may be assigned by the Admin Coordinator & and/or Operations Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and abilities required. Employees who do not possess the requirements for a job at the time of hire are expected to attain the skills, knowledge and abilities required within a specified period of time as agreed upon, in writing, with the General Manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Characteristic and Ability Requirements
- Ability to communicate expectations and requirements to crew/staff
- Ability to navigate software with ease
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to engage clients in conversations to service their needs and meet expectations
- Pride taken in providing clean residential and commercial environments to clients
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated sound work ethics
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work effectively in a variety of settings
- Works well independently and in a team environment
Education Required: High School Diploma
Other Education/Certification/Training preferred: n/a
Work Experience Requirements
Work experience required: 1 - 3 years in an administrative capacity
Job related experience required: n/a
Equipment: Calculator, Computer, Photocopier, Telephone, Fax Machine
Software: Word, Excel, Outlook, Direction
Other: WHIMIS Training
- Accountability - sets standards of performance for self; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing tasks; encourages others to take responsibility.
- Adaptability – treats new situations or changes as an opportunity for growth; focuses on the benefits of change; speaks positively about the change; modifies behaviour effectively and tries new approach without resistance.
- Builds Trust and Respect – treats people with dignity, respect, and fairness; listens to others and considers opinions and ideas; shares thoughts, feelings, and rationale for decisions made, operates with integrity.
- Customer Focus – effectively meets the needs of our customers; both internal and external, builds proactive relationships, takes responsibility for customer satisfaction.
- Manages Work – manages one’s time and resources to ensure work is completed effectively and efficiently; effectively allocates own time to completing tasks, while leveraging available resources; stays focused and prevents distractions from work completion.
- Problem Solving – develops solutions for work issues by examining root cause of issues, identifying cause and effect, and identifying potential solutions.
- Quality Standards – sets standards for excellence in work and procedures to achieve high quality, productivity, and efficiencies; checks processes and tasks to ensure high quality output; takes corrective action to correct problems or notifies others of quality issues.
- Safety Awareness - identifies safety issues/problems and informs the appropriate individual when issues arise; reports unsafe working conditions; makes recommendations for correcting safety and security concerns.
- Teamwork – contributes to building a positive team environment; supports successes, recognizes accomplishments; provides feedback; exhibits openness to others perspectives; balances responsibilities.
Office Hours (8-430)
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to The ServiceMaster Company, LLC.