Requisition ID: 343374
Position Number: 20060790
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: WRHA Community Health Services
Work Location: Winnipeg Community Health Services
Department / Unit: Men's Inhouse Addiction and Recovery Treatment Services
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days;Standby coverage as required
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $50.675, $54.394, $56.631, $58.864, $61.275, $63.113
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the general direction of The Director for Mental Health and Addictions , as part of the multidisciplinary team, the Nurse Practitioner (NP):
- Applies advanced nursing and medical theory to the provision of clinical care, autonomously ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, prescribing pharmacologic agents and performing minor invasive procedures.
- Applies current/relevant nursing and medical theory, which allows for contribution to knowledge, development and involvement in advancing the nursing profession.
- Incorporates medical knowledge and advanced nursing knowledge; integrates this knowledge and experiential base into clinical practice.
- Demonstrates competence to practice autonomously in the implementation of strategies to promote health and prevent illness, is proficient in planning, implementing and evaluating complex care, and demonstrates competence to teach others.
- Provides for problem solving among staff or between staff and patients/residents/clients and with physicians and multidisciplinary team.
- Applies skills in consultation, collaboration and systems management in providing effective care.
- To be determined. State any clinical experience that is required/considered to be an asset for the position.
- Masters of Nursing, Nurse Practitioner Stream or equivalent educational preparation as approved by College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM) required.
- Nurse practitioners have the authority to provide extended practice nursing care if they are competent to provide that care, the care is endorsed in the practice setting and is within the scope of nursing practice as defined by the CRNM.
- Active participation in professional associations e.g. Association of Regulated Nurses of Manitoba (ARNM) preferred.
- Responsible for maintaining and providing proof of active registration on the RN Extended Practice (EP) Register of the CRNM.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Proficient with computers, software programs, and applications such as Windows and Word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Competency in managing technology in healthcare systems.
- Ability to perform independently, take initiative, and as a member of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment.
- Demonstrated effective conceptual, organizational, interpersonal, critical thinking/problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to plan, manage and implement change effectively.
- Ability to foster inter-personal relationships including effective negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated effective group facilitation skills.
- College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses on the Extended Practice Register.
- Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses.
- Scope of practice as documented in the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA).
- Advanced nursing care knowledge related to health assessment, diagnostics, pharmacotherapuetics and invasive and minor surgical procedures.
- Regional/Facility/Unit policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Protection of Persons in Care Act, Mental Health Act, Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions) and other legislated acts.
- Principles of collaborative practice.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the healthcare team.
If there are no applicants meeting the posted qualifications, the Employer MAY CONSIDER an applicant who does not meet the posted qualifications
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.