Medical Office Assistant
Wolf Willow Medical Clinic is seeking a full-time Medical Office Assistant to join our team. This person will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the medical office. The ideal candidate will have a passion for helping others and will be able to work independently with little supervision.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Previous experience in medical office preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical office procedures preferred.
- Knowledge of EMR systems preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Answer phones and schedule appointments for physician office.
- Review and verify patient insurance information.
- Create new patient charts and update the medical record using electronic health records systems (EHR).
- Collect copays and payments from patients while collecting insurance information.
- Collect laboratory samples, phlebotomy orders, and other medical supplies from patients as needed.
- Provide basic financial information from patients to HMO/PPO companies for billing purposes.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB T5T 4W4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
- receptionist: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person