Bedford Parks Animal Hospital, nestled in the developing and vibrant community of Bedford, NS is welcoming a Veterinary Assistant to join our team! This is a full-time, exceptional opportunity for an organized, motivated, and empathetic individual to join us in a very important support role for the entire hospital.
- A Veterinary Assistant (VA) or Veterinary Office Assistant (VOA) program certificate is an asset
- Assist veterinary staff with various tasks and treatments
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for our pet parents; reception duties; handling multi-line phones; greeting clients; scheduling
- Providing compassionate care duties including feeding and walking patients
- General housekeeping duties; cleanliness of reception area, pet holding areas, and common areas
- Willingness to learn more regarding; veterinary services, updated medical office procedures, and assist the Veterinary staff with various tasks and treatments
- Exceptional client service skills
- Compassion and nurturing attitude
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations and adapt to changing situations
- Take initiative and work independently
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture ofWellness and Appreciation you can thrive in!
- Flexible schedules; full-time, part-time or casual
- Competitive wages and benefits
- RRSP matching!
- Opportunity to apply for a Veterinary Technician scholarship (annual process)
- Annual uniform allowance
- Exceptional career development: there is room to grow here!
- Referral Bonus Rewards
- Opportunities to give back to your community through VCA initiatives
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- And extra perks like shopping discounts and cool wellness apps!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person