Full Time Permanent
Specialized Programs and Services to Support the Development of Young Children
Providence is a vibrant, registered charity providing therapeutic and educational services to families and childcare facilities in Fort McMurray. Our programs are designed to support young children who may not be meeting typical developmental milestones. Providence provides the opportunity to enhance the health and development of children and their families. Learn more about us at: www.providencechildren.com
As Providence is growing and expanding its services within the community, we are seeking a dynamic individual to join our Community Services team as a Program Coach. This position willprovide a range of supports including modelling, information, strategies and resources that will enable licensed and approved child care programs to successfully include children with disabilities or challenging behaviours. The Program Coach will work in partnership with team members and different constituencies within the larger community to support positive outcomes for the child. This position is based in Fort McMurray and will start immediately.
It is an expectation at Providence that all employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
- Fantastic opportunity to collaborate with our dynamic and integrated team, which includes Speech-Language Pathologists and Occupational Therapists. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with childcare programs in the community.
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package which includes optional RRSP contributions, wellness days, appointment time and paid sick time.
- Employee Assistance Plan.
- 4 weeks paid vacation and additional 10 days paid time off during Christmas break plus 5 days paid time off during Spring break.
- Professional development allowance for ongoing learning and career advancement.
- Competitive salary range.
- Acts as a representative and ambassador of Providence to promote positive relationships and strong community partnerships.
- Cultivates long term, collaborative relationships with child care programs.
- Support the delivery of high-quality child care and inclusive practices.
- Build capacity in child care programs through the provision of information, coaching, integrating strategies and resources to meet individual program needs.
- Develop support plans for child care programs to increase skills in working with children across the spectrum of need.
- Monitor integration of strategies and plans that have been developed with child care programs.
- Develop and provide professional development trainings for child care programs.
- Work collaboratively with team members to maximize efficiencies in caseload management and resource allocation.
- Identify training needs within the child care community and respond appropriately.
- Graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program in Early Childhood, Education or Human Services field from a recognised university preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a group care or school setting working with children with disabilities.
- Experience in play therapy, trauma informed practice, culturally sensitive service provision, educational program development and transdisciplinary team involvement is an asset.
- Demonstrates strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certificates.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and personal insurance covering PLPD ($2,000,000).
Providence is committed to fostering an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates which includes but not limited to; visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Providence acknowledges that what we call Alberta is the traditional and ancestral territory of many peoples, presently subject to Treaties 6, 7, and 8 and the Six Regions of the Métis Nation of Alberta. We acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit who have lived in and cared for these lands for generations. We make this acknowledgement as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $1.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort McMurray, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person