At SCI our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Engineering Manager position will be a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. Reporting to the Director of Engineering and Operational Excellence, this individual will support with an array of analysis for process efficiencies, process quality and safety, in addition to measurements of profitability. Working closely with operations, engineering team members, and other internal departments, the Engineering Manager position will support improvement of SCI’s facility locations’ productivity and overall efficiency. The successful candidate for this position will be a strong team player who has demonstrated problem-solving, project management and organization skills along with the ability to mentor and guide peers on their team. This role will also be instrumental in ensuring the Engineering strategy is rolled out efficiently and effectively. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
- Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You will provide mentorship and guidance to each of your Engineering team members on the direction of your region.
- You are depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- The duties and tasks supported by your role continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
- You will support cost reduction, productivity, and service improvement opportunities in collaboration with operations and the corporate engineering team.
- You will support operational feasibility studies, as well as analyze, design and implement facility layouts and material handling equipment specifications.
- You will review and develop improved facility layouts.
- You will review and assess current Engineering methods and procedures, as well as support the design and implement improved techniques focused on cost reduction, productivity, and service improvement.
- You will support the establishment of new operating processes.
- You will work with sites to create forecast, resource planning and labour planning tools for multiple clients.
- You will analyze productivity levels and develop standards of best practice, utilizing industrial engineering techniques and methods.
- You will maintain and update knowledge for all engineering processes and design all processes for manpower and associate program and monitor all productivity and ensure compliance to all safety standards.
- You will oversee other team member’s supporting efforts within your region ensuring site requirements are met/exceeded and escalating any support issues that occur.
What you bring to the role:
- You have an Industrial Engineering or related Engineering degree.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of process management experience in distribution or logistic services environment.
- You have a minimum of 2 years management role/direct report experience.
- You possess knowledge of warehouse management system concepts and warehouse process flow.
- You possess knowledge of transportation management system concepts and process flow.
- You have proven problem-solving and project management skills.
- You manage your time and priorities effectively in a fast-paced, flexible environment.
- You hold yourself accountable to deliver on commitments on time, in scope, and with quality, and support others in meeting their commitments.
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
- You have strong PC and Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel and Project.
- You have knowledge of layout software, such as AutoCAD.
- You have previous experience with process mapping, MOST studies and engineering labour standards.
- You have Lean Six Sigma and Project Management Professional certifications (considered an asset).
Who you are:
- You are a proven self-starter that can drive deliverables to completion with minimal supervision.
- You are a strong team player looking to develop and foster relationships with other cross-functional teams to achieve a mutual end goal.
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success.
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- You have strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
Working at SCI:
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Work Location: Hybrid remote in North York, ON M9L 1T6