Pharmacy Grade 1 - Stores
This position assists the Pharmacy Manager in the technical aspects of prescription filling and administrative duties in order to increase the Pharmacist’s opportunity to provide patient care. The Assistant is expected to deliver superior patient service and to participate in all aspects of Pharmacy Operations required as a team member.
- Receive prescriptions from patients;
- Perform computer functions as directed by the Pharmacy Manager;
- Fill prescriptions under the Pharmacy Manager’s supervision;
- Maintain inventory control
- Maintain supplies and clerical organization;
- Working under the direct supervision of the Pharmacy Manager, complete delegated tasks as required.
- Certification from a College/On-line Pharmacy Technician school and/or applicable work experience in a pharmacy or retail setting;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information;
- Ability to work both independently and within a team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Highly motivated with proven organizational, planning and prioritizing skills;
- 2 or more years’ experience is an asset
This position requires that you be available to work days, evenings and weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to:
- Stand and/or walk.
- Bend, twist, and squat.
- lift and/or move up to 18 kg (40 lbs.).
- Perform tasks involving firm grasping.
- Perform repetitive tasks requiring a range of hand motions.
- Reach above shoulder height and below waist level.
- Operate equipment, including using a ladder.
Giant Tiger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair employment practices.
Are you are interested in this position but don’t yet meet all the criteria? We want you to apply anyway!
During our recruitment process we are looking for an incumbent that will not only learn and grow in the role, but also contribute to our diverse, equal and inclusive culture.
If you require accommodation during your pursuit of a role at Giant Tiger please contact [email protected] .