South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service organization that provides primary healthcare, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention primarily to people of East Toronto. Our mission is to improve the lives of people that face barriers to physical, mental, spiritual and social well-being. We do so by meaningfully engaging our clients and communities, ensuring equitable access to primary health care and delivering quality care through a range of evidence informed programs, services and approaches. As a leader in community health, our locally and internationally recognized community services include cutting-edge primary health services, health promotion, harm reduction, environmental health, community food centre and population-based community programs for marginalized peoples. We value health equity and inclusion and respect in our work and in the delivery of our services.
The Administration – Programs and Service Harmony Hall position is responsible to provide administrative support to staff, programs and the accounting functions related to programs at Harmony Hall.
This position is expected to work onsite.
- Provide administrative support to the Program Manager, Community Health
- Provide administrative support for Harmony Hall programs (Senior Active Living Centre, Community Food Centre) and services (Transportation) as necessary
- Provide back-up coverage for the Transportation Facilitator including taking phone requests and intake of new clients
- Connect with the Program Manager, Community Health and/or the Office Administrator on building and equipment maintenance issues
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies
- Maintain paper and electronic filing systems at Harmony Hall site
- Support data collecting and reporting for programs
- Oversee Harmony Hall cash/cheque receipts and conduct banking
- Maintain Harmony Hall petty cash disbursements
- Generate Harmony Hall Cash Float Reconciliation sheet and communicate with Finance Department
- Acts as liaison between Finance Department and Harmony Hall staff regarding financial questions
- Issue Harmony Hall CIMS transportation invoices and collect payments; process CIMS monthly reports
- Collect Harmony Hall AP bills, staff reimbursement requests and payroll timesheets and forwards to Finance Department
- Issue Harmony Hall donation receipts
- Maintain Harmony Hall visa card and generate corresponding monthly reconciliation package for Financial Department
- All other duties as required
- Minimum College Diploma in Business Administration or relevant field
- Understanding and experience in office administrative procedures and functions
- Understanding and experience in bookkeeping and financial matters
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology and various software applications including Excel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment
- Police clearance documentation will be required for employment
- Proof of triple COVID-19 vaccination status will be required for employment
Please mail in your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
The Hiring Committee – Administration – Programs & Service
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
Or by email to: [email protected]
Please enter “Administration – Programs & Service” in the subject line of your email.
No faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
This is a bargaining unit position with CUPE Local 5399.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages applicants who are racialized (IBPOC) and/or applicants who face any barriers as a result of systemic discrimination to apply for this position.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.