Sofina Foods is one of Canada’s leading manufacturers of primary and further processed protein products for retail and foodservice customers as well as international markets. We manufacture pork, beef, turkey, chicken and fish products in Canada and Europe. Our family of brands include: Cuddy, Lilydale, Janes, Mastro, San Daniele, Fletcher’s, Vienna, Riserva and Zamzam in Canada; and Youngs, Greenland and Karro’s in UK. We are also the exclusive Canadian distributor of Italy’s finest Rio Mare, Lavazza products and Kicking Horse Coffee in Canada.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, The Engineering and Maintenance Manager is responsible to manage the effective delivery of engineering services and maintenance services to operations, to guarantee equipment reliability and functionality, and to support the achievement of uptime and productivity targets. Oversees the maintenance team in carrying out predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance of the plant equipment, to ensure short-term and long-term operational plans, objectives, requirements and standards are met. Assuring cost, health & safety, environment, quality and human resources objectives are achieved.
- Provides leadership to the maintenance team, to align with national maintenance program(s) and ensures efficient day-to-day operation of the facility and all equipment;
- Apply a variety of prescribed practices to identify and manage Asset Reliability risks, that could cause stoppages and adversely affect plant or business operations;
- Leads and directs Equipment Criticality Assessments, Critical Spares Analyses, and Failure Root Cause Analyses;
- Leads and directs ‘Fact Based’ and ‘Data Driven’ decision making through the effective utilization of RCA, TPM/AM, RCM, RAMS, LCAM, FMEA Analysis;
- Provides subject matter expertise on new equipment purchases to ensure maintainability and reliability;
- Key contributor for new equipment selection, FAT’S, and reliability metrics during the commissioning process;
- Champions and drives asset standardization throughout the facility, Supports the development and execution of the annual CAPEX program;
- Develop standard processes for corrective action plans that improve asset care;
- Champions the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and implements improvements and upgrades to ensure efficient and effective use of resources;
- Promotes safety and a safe work environment for all employees/contractors;
- Provides technical expertise and leadership to improve the Predictive and Condition Based maintenance activities;
- Improve MRO inventory control through cycle counting and the identification of critical spare parts;
- Establish reliability & work planning metrics/KPI's to monitor performance & improvement PM/CM ratio, MTBF, MTTR, etc.;
- Foster a team environment to fully support the objectives of plant operations, using various metrics to measure maintenance performance, continuous improvement, and asset reliability;
- Incorporate continuous improvement feedback into the maintenance planning and execution strategy;
- Utilize lifecycle cost analysis (LCA) for decision making and evaluation of rebuild vs replacement alternatives. on assets;
- Ensure compliance with HACCP, BRCGS regulations, and GMP’s are adhered to and maintain all relevant documentation.
- Self-motivated and passionate individual, who has a high sense of urgency, thrives with a wide variety of work, and can deliver consistent results on multiple priorities;
- Minimum of five years Maintenance Management experience;
- Engineering Degree or Engineering Technologist Diploma (mechanical / industrial / electrical);
- Professional Engineer designation would be an asset (P. Eng);
- Maintenance Management Professional (MMP) certification an asset;
- Certified Asset Management Professional designation an asset (PEMAC);
- Mechanical Millwright 433A or Industrial Electrician 442A trade experience is preferred;
- Minimum five years Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) experience;
- Working knowledge of ammonia plant operations;
- Strong project management skills;
- Must have excellent computer skills, proficient in MS Office, Excel.
Sofina Foods Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.