Established since 2003, SDI Canada is a leader in the implemantation of MRI and biomedical equipment in Canada. We offer a tailor-made service from design to installation of state-of-the-art medical infrastructure. The well-being of both patients and company employees is at the heart of each of its actions.
To support the growth of the business, we are seeking a Carpenter with experience in steel studs, drywall and joinery to join our RF and Magnetic Shielding team. In this role, you will work under the general direction of the Project Manager to plan and complete work in hospital environment to meet project deadlines. The candidate must be able to travel to the Montreal’s headquarter when required. The candidate is expected to travel throughout Canada most of the time.
Main responsibilities and requirements of the Job
· Performs carpenter duties, including the handling and installation of steel and wood infrastructure and interior finishes;
· Safe use of electric and manual tools;
· Overtime, evenings and weekends maybe required to meet project deadlines;
· Willingness and availability to travel across Canada as part of his duties;
· Valid driver's license and personal car available for work if needed;
· Ability to bend and to lift heavy loads;
· Good interpersonal relationship and good communication with clients and SDI teams;
· Bilingual (French and English) at a functional level to work;
· Perform all required tasks, including but not limited to daily reports, RF testing and shielding inspection.
We are looking for a resourceful, dynamic, autonomous and rigorous person who has a good ability to manage stress and find solutions to problems.
· Minimally a High School diploma or preferably a DEP in construction with a minimum of 1 year of experience in the commercial / institutional environment (apprentice or journeyman)
· ASP Construction card (or willing to take the course)
· Proof of covid 19 vaccination is required to work with certain of our clients in the healthcare industry.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$37.00 per hour
Supplemental pay types:
- construction: 2 years (preferred)