JSK Traffic Group Is Vancouver Island's premier full-service traffic control provider is currently looking for a dispatcher. We are a COR certified company and safety drives everything we do.
The applicant has to be able to work flexible shifts as required ie day/nights, week and weekend shifts.
- Ensure that customers, staff calls are answered in a professional and courteous manner
- Knowledge and understanding of Traffic Management Plans and the Traffic Control Manual for Work on Roadways as developed by the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure and its application in various scenarios
- Investigates and analyzes concerns from clients, the general public and employee and reports these incidents as needed to the proper channels depending on the situation at hand.
- Excellent telephone skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadline in order to be able to meet customers' requirements and exceed their expectations
- Ensure traffic control capabilities meet or exceed requirements for cost, quality, delivery, safety and responsiveness. •
- Previous dispatching experience, especially in the traffic control field would be an asset.
- Answer a high volume of phone calls, text messages and emails from clients and employees in regards to staffing at job sites, safety issues, and complaints that may arise.
- Ability to enter all dispatch requests and assign them to team members in the company's dispatch app
- Ensure that staff are properly equipped to meet the jobsite requirements and have the proper signage and equipment
- Track, approve and.or deny staff requests for scheduled and unscheduled time off
- Coordinate special community events or complex jobs with the supervisors to ensure delivery that exceeds minimum expectations
We offer an industry leading benefits package and competitive wages for the best applicants.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time, Contract, Part-time
Salary: From $45,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
No outside visitors to the office except for interviews. Hand sanitizing, PPE and social distancing are expected
- Do you have any dispatch experience?
- Do you have your TCP Certificate?
- On a scale 1-10 how would you rate your Microsoft proficiency?
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place