Requisition ID: 343772
Position Number: 20028138
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: Deer Lodge Centre
Department / Unit: Lodge 5 Chronic Care
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $20.090, $20.694, $21.314, $21.952, $22.612, $23.291, $23.990
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Directly accountable to the Manager of Patient/Resident Care, and under the direction of the nurse, the Health Care Aide (HCA) acts as a member of the health care team, assisting with patient/resident care and providing basic supportive care as directed. Performs all duties in accordance with established health and safety regulations/guidelines, policies and procedures (e.g. utilizing personal, protective equipment as per safe work procedures). Notifies their Manager or their designate (i.e. supervisor nurse) of all occurrences, injuries illnesses or safety and health concerns which are likely to harm themselves, their co-workers, or any others who enter the premises.
- Experience in a relevant clinical area preferred
- Grade XII or equivalent
- Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized educational institution
- Demonstrates initiative, flexibility, reliability and creativity
- Functions effectively within a changing environment and an interdisciplinary team
- English fluency in both written and verbal communication
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and support for Health Care Aide practice including basic principles of the techniques and procedures of patient/resident care related to activities of daily living; Non Violent Crisis Intervention; roles and responsibilities of members of the health care team; principles of personal care/rehab care/dementia care/chronic care.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload; to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities; to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands; to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary
- Involves physical activities such as standing, transferring, and transporting patients/residents and equipment.
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated individuals.
- May encounter exposure to disease, radiation, toxic materials, noise, allergens etc.
- Requires shift work, extended working hours.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.