Looking for work?
Are you compassionate, caring, and enjoy working with seniors?
We are hiring for 11 Full-Time Registered Care Aide positions at Pine Grove Care Centre in Kamloops!
Openings include Day, Evening, and Night positions.
The RCA reports to the Nurse as a member of the multi-disciplinary team in a home-like environment, and carries out a variety of established care programs for complex care residents. The RCA assists with activities of daily living such as personal, psychological, physical and recreational needs. The RCA promotes activities that encourage resident participation and independence within their interests and abilities.
· Display the care and organizational values of Simpe Q .
· Display respect and an appreciation for the mission statement and guiding principles of Pine Grove Care Centre.
· Work collaboratively with all partners involved in supporting our residents’ needs and wishes.
· As a team member, under the supervision of the nurse will share joint responsibility for the care and safety of the residents.
· Ensure that resident care is delivered in a way that acknowledges resident choice, dignity, privacy, independence, and individuality in a home like environment.
· Maintain personal competence to carry out the functions expected in the role by the organization with a commitment to continuous education.
· Be involved in on-going organizational and professional quality improvement activities.
· Demonstrate interest, ability, and commitment to work within a multi-disciplinary team. which works together to anticipate and meet the physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of the residents.
· Encourage the involvement of families and friends of residents in the lives of the residents.
· Perform personal care tasks for the residents, and assist with personal hygiene including dressing, bathing, washing, bowel and bladder care, and dental hygiene, care of hair, nails and skin.
· Assist your residents with needs related to hydration, nutrition, mobility and elimination.
· Perform procedures such as weighing of residents, obtaining specimens, administering suppositories, applying creams/ointments, and documenting and recording the provision of care as required.
· Report and record observations to designated nursing staff and provide input and evaluation. of care plans as a member of the Simpe Q multi-disciplinary team.
· Operate lift and bathing equipment as required for your residents and ensuring that safety techniques and procedures are followed with each lift and transfer.
· Awareness of personal responsibilities regarding OH&S and right to refuse unsafe work.
· Observe and report any significant changes in your residents’ functional behaviour and cognitive skills to the Nurse (including completion of RAI assessment tool).
· Maintenance and upgrading of immunizations and WHMIS.
· Commitment to providing the highest quality of service.
· Commitment to team work.
· Report unsafe and/or hazardous conditions to the Nurse, and respond to emergencies according to established Simpe Q policies and procedures.
· Perform other related or assigned duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
· Graduation from a recognized Health Care Aide course, or equivalent certificate (BC care Aide Registry number required)
· Recent experience working with complex care residents
· Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English
· Physical ability to carry out the duties of a Care Aide
· Ability to satisfactorily organize work and operate related equipment
· Comply with all employment requirements as detailed in the Simpe Q hiring package and Licensing guidelines
Adheres to regulations outlined in the following Acts and Legislations:
- The Criminal Records Review Act [RSBC 1996]
- The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act [RSBC 1996]
- B.C.’s Health Care (Consent) and Care Facility (Admission) Act
- Patients Property Act
- Community Care and Assisted Living Act
- Residential Care Regulation
- Adult Guardianship Act
- WorkSafe B.C. Regulations
- Satisfactory present and continuous medical screening in compliance with the Province’s immunization and tuberculosis control programs
- Perform all duties in a manner in which client safety is the focus.
- Report any unsafe activities that may cause harm or injury to a client.
- Educate other co-workers/colleagues on the proper safety techniques when there is a possibility of endangering a client.
- Observe and correct any unsafe behavior demonstrated by client.
· Job requires a significant amount of sitting, standing, reaching, walking, lifting and walking (according to the National Occupational Classification (NOC) Definitions, this job is considered “Medium”).
· Lifting 50lbs maximum.
· Frequently lifting and/or carrying objects up to 20lbs.
· May involve sitting with pushing and pulling or arm and/or leg controls.
· Must be able to handle stressful situations in the workplace.
Health and Safety Risks:
- Muscle strain from lifting, transferring, turning clients
- Dealing with aggressive clients
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Working at a desk/computer
- WHMIS & Control products (e.g. Cleaning products, skin & wound products, shampoos, soaps, antiseptic and antibacterial solutions, Oxygen)
- Contact with blood & body fluids
- Exposure to illnesses common to communal living environments (Influenza, colds, GI illnesses, other bacteria & viruses)
- Plants and animals
- Needle stick injuries
The successful applicant for this job posting must provide satisfactory proof, or have such proof on file, that they have received the COVID-19 vaccination and any required COVID-19 booster vaccination. This requirement shall be waived if the applicant has not received the vaccination due to any legislated protected human rights grounds. In such a case, and upon presentation of sufficient proof, SimpeQ Care shall make reasonable attempts to accommodate the applicant to carry out their role where possible recognizing that the health and safety of other employees and residents will be a priority.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $28.74-$30.28 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Care Aide Registration (required)
- COVID 19 Vaccination Status (required)
Work Location: In person