Pro-Western Mechanical works across Western Canada. We provide complete mechanical services, specializing in multi-dwelling residential: condos, apartments, hotels and light industrial/commercial.
The Project Manager will work closely with and under the direction of the VP of Operations and the President. The Project Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing aspects of projects including planning, organizing, and directing projects. This role monitors site foremen to ensure that duties are being completed in an efficient, effective, and safe manner.
Offering competitive wages, benefits, including medical, dental, and matching group retirement plan. Join a growing organization for long term, full-time employment.
The role is based in Saskatoon but will require travel to projects out of town.
Role & Responsibilities
- Must be on call for all projects responsible for
- Full understanding of the contract and estimated budget
- Preparation of cost documents for submission and resolution
- Communicate with all internal/external stakeholders
- Identify, control, and evaluate risks; Analyze and explain variances; resolve issues
- Full understanding of what the customer and engineers’ expectations are
- Managing engineers’ expectations
- Document management
- Work within the PM tasks of the ERP/Business system
- Conduct Kick off/Close out meetings; identification of “special” issues
- Ensure project close-out items such as maintenance manuals, warranties and submittals are coordinated.
- Understand and consistently apply the general contractors and PWM policies
- Ensure legislated safety compliance, completing safety documentation
- Ensure implementation of quality control program
- Hiring/ negotiate contracts with sub-contractors
- Determine Labor requirements and schedule; communicate labor needs relative to workload
- Ensure all necessary permits are obtained etc.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans, using ERP system
- Must be physically present on building sites for approximately half of all working hours
- Organize equipment and materials for sites of designated projects
- Identify item delivery dates impacting the schedule to ensure long lead items are meeting determined purchasing schedules, submittal dates, purchasing dates, material delivery to site dates, all of which must be communicated with the appropriate departments such as procurement
- Be knowledgeable about equipment and material applications relative to scope of work.
- Review conditions of equipment and tools, particularly keeping equipment and tools on site in a satisfactory condition.
- Remain familiar and up to date with current legislated building codes relative to scope of work;
- Communicate and manage delays that are not in the project manager’s control that may cause change to the planning of the project schedule including unanticipated material delays, modifications to design, additional scope and contract payment delays
- Always maintain professional conduct
- Such other duties as shall be assigned from time to time by the Employer.
- Proven strong leadership & supervision
- Proficient with planning, scheduling, and organizing
- Technologically literate, moderate to proficient in excel considered and asset
- Ability to work within a complex ERP/business system
- Understanding of basic accounting, budgeting
- Construction Project Management bachelor’s degree and/or Red Seal Certification related to the mechanical trades is required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is considered an asset
Salary starting at $80,000. Salary will be based on education and experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
To find out more about us go to www.prowestern.ca
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $80,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saskatoon, SK S7P 0C5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Mechanical knowledge: 3 years (required)
- Mechanical Subtrade Field: 5 years (required)
- Mech Eng. Degree (required)
- Journeyman Plumber/ Red Seal (required)
Work Location: In person